About the opportunity
As VP Brand Marketing, Activation & Content you will define, orchestrate and optimize how the N26 brand is led, goes to market and drives presence & demand across our global markets. You will have the unique opportunity to shape one of the world’s most disruptive brands and define how our reach contributes to long term growth as we build towards our IPO and beyond. You will work with a world-class, global marketing team, lead over 40 people spanning from strategic to creative talent, and report directly to our Chief Growth Officer. This is a career-defining role for which we are looking for a seasoned, empathetic people leader with a proven record of defining, orchestrating, and optimizing market-making brand strategies, campaigns and tactical activations.
In this role, you will:
- Manage N26’s in-house brand strategy, marketing communications, creative, global social, content marketing and creative operations & production
- Define, hire and manage our marketing research & insights team
- Leave a footprint in the industry by building a leading digital (banking) brand globally
- Define and execute a brand building strategy that differentiates and drives long-term growth
- Be the key advisor to the ELT on brand strategy related subjects, including but not limited to positioning, brand architecture, messaging, masterbrand strategies across product verticals, M&A considerations and more
- Be the driving advocate across functional teams of our brand’s proposition, values, and bring these to life consistently across all internal and external touchpoints
- Lead Annual, quarterly and monthly marketing calendarization
- Define masterbrand strategy including guidance on how to activate this across sponsoring, testimonials, stunts, events, campaigns and more
- Drive global social media channel and campaign strategies that grow our follower base and their engagement with our brand and business
- Be the main point of contact for our local marketing teams and drive consistency across our brand marketing efforts across markets
- Create an inclusive environment for award winning creative work created by our in-house creative studio, continue to evolve and govern our brand identity guidelines including but not limited to our tone of voice, illustration style, photography guidelines, layout principles and more
- Identify activation best practices from local markets, and playbook these for implementation across global markets
- Work closely with marketing, product and growth leadership to support bringing to life our product roadmap
- Nurture and develop teams and senior leaders within your teams as a foundation for world-class employee engagement
- Create actionable recommendations from audience research, customer feedback and data insights to feed and refine our brand and marketing strategies
- Plan and coordinate online and offline marketing campaigns for our masterbrand, products, seasons, themes and more
What you need to be successful:
- 15+ years experience in brand marketing, strategy and people leadership related roles, ideally in a fast paced environment with numerous stakeholders for B2C products
- Tech experience is an advantage
- Celebrated people management skills that showcase a passion for coaching others and seeing talent grow and succeed
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and a strong passion for working across a diverse range of functions within a business. Strong team player with experience being a trusted advisor to ELT level leaders.
- Thinking outside-of-the box combined with data driven decision making to identify new growth opportunities and prove what works and what doesn’t
- Deep understanding of customer needs in order to craft strong narratives around our propositions for our key customer segments
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Comfortable giving and receiving open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, discounts to fitness & wellness memberships, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends or family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies - all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 24 markets. We employ more than 1,500 employees across 3 office locations in Berlin, Vienna and Barcelona. Besides the main offices, N26 also has local offices in Paris, Madrid, Milan, and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
N26 is The Mobile Bank. N26 has redesigned banking to make it simple, fast and contemporary. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded the company in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Thanks to its fully digital business model, N26 operates on a much lower cost base with lean organisational structures, without IT legacies and without an expensive branch network. N26 passes on these cost benefits to its customers. N26 partners with the most innovative fintech and traditional financial companies to offer its customers best-in-class products such as TransferWise (foreign exchange), Raisin (savings), Clark and Allianz (insurance), auxmoney (credit) and others. Today N26 is one of the fastest growing banks in Europe and has more than 850.000 customers across 17 European markets and over 380 employees. N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain, and it intends to enter the UK and US markets in 2018. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
Want to learn more about N26? Visit N26's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.