Tax Associate – Tax Reporting & Compliance
As Tax Associate – Tax Reporting & Compliance you will find a unique opportunity with us to be directly involved in the first-time adoption of IFRS for the N26 Group. You will be supporting us with your tax accounting expertise in the definition and the setup of processes that support a timely and accurate provisioning of current and deferred taxes on a quarterly basis. In addition, the role can quickly grow to include tax compliance activities for N26 in Germany and other countries. This is a hands-on role in the intersection between Tax and Accounting reporting directly to N26’s Global Head of Tax.
What you will be doing:
- Defining and setting up processes to support quarterly current and deferred tax accounting
- Running of the quarterly Tax close including calculation of the tax provisions, DTA and UTP recognition, discrete item calculation, preparation of the statutory tax notes, close-call with stakeholders
- Calculating and recording return-to-provision adjustments post tax return filing and working with Accounting to maintain tax ledgers that aid stat-to-gaap reconciliations
- Working on automating any reporting processes as far as possible and/or finding software solutions were suitable
- Supporting in the preparation of N26’s statutory financial statements
- Supporting internal and external financial audits
- Preparation of tax returns for N26’s German (and other) entities in close liaison with the Accounting team and our external tax advisors
- Supporting in the setup of tax planning capabilities in close alignment with our FP&A and Capital Planning Teams
- Degree in Finance or Tax
- Professional accounting or tax qualification are a plus
- Operational and technical expertise in the area of tax accounting as well as IFRS accounting
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant job experience in the tax department of a financial service company or in a tax consulting / auditing firm working with clients in the financial services sector
- Excellent operational thinking, load-bearing capacity
- Programming affinity and process-oriented thinking are a plus
- Fluent written and spoken German and English are a must, additional language knowledge is a plus.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
N26 is The Mobile Bank. N26 has redesigned banking to make it simple, fast and contemporary. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded the company in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Thanks to its fully digital business model, N26 operates on a much lower cost base with lean organisational structures, without IT legacies and without an expensive branch network. N26 passes on these cost benefits to its customers. N26 partners with the most innovative fintech and traditional financial companies to offer its customers best-in-class products such as TransferWise (foreign exchange), Raisin (savings), Clark and Allianz (insurance), auxmoney (credit) and others. Today N26 is one of the fastest growing banks in Europe and has more than 850.000 customers across 17 European markets and over 380 employees. N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain, and it intends to enter the UK and US markets in 2018. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
Want to learn more about N26? Visit N26's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.