Senior Software Engineer, Front-end
Narvar, Bengaluru, India
Simplify the everyday lives of consumers.
a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 500+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, and Bangalore, together we've served over 306 million consumers worldwide across 5 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 50 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
You will have the opportunity to work on exciting products that power the post-purchase experience for the biggest brands in the retail industry. Being a consumer-focused company, our mission is to build experiences that simplify the lives of our users. As an experienced front-end engineer, you will have a direct impact on our customer-facing products and work with modern technologies like React, Redux, and GraphQL to ship complex features that drive millions of views.
what you’ll do
- Work with product managers, on-site and offshore development teams to design, develop, test and implement Narvar's cloud solutions using an iterative and agile development methodology
- Work closely with the design team to build a component library and a templating framework to make it easier for engineers to build consistent, beautiful, and performant products
- Build the features that our users see and interact with on a daily basis
- Provide engineering support for customer issues and general problem solving
- Design and perform unit and integration testing
- Research and adopt new technologies and open source implementations
- Write and review technical designs
- Write requirements and design specifications
what we’re looking for
- 5+ years professional experience working with a frontend framework like React/Redux or Angular4
- Comfortable in a test-driven development environment and build tools like Webpack, Babel, Jest, Typescript
- Experience building high volume, high performance, and highly available SaaS or consumer-facing products
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience building Single Page Applications using RESTful APIs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’re on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. Lifelong customers aren’t born by accident. In the world of retail, it’s all sunshine until the customer clicks “buy.” After that, the romance is gone, replaced with a maze of customer service phone trees and shipping headaches. We see a better way by empowering retailers to champion their customers at every step of the journey. Taking care of people after they’ve bought your product isn’t just the right thing to do — it’s how you build trust and turn customers into brand ambassadors.