The will be part of the finance team, and will play a key role in developing Narvar’s strategic and financial planning function to support the rapid growth of the Company.
In addition to driving and supporting our financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and analysis efforts, the individual will have the opportunity to turn these insights into initiatives, and helping drive strategic decisions. This is a unique opportunity to work directly with senior management at a rapidly growing technology startup to drive the direction of the business by analyzing and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Lead the long-term strategic and financial planning process, partnering with functional leaders to shape business priorities and develop financial plans to execute against those priorities.
- Develop and monitor the company’s annual budget and monthly forecasts. Develop forecast models and drive towards their achievement, in partnership with various other functional teams.
- Prepare reporting packages including comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, analysis of key business trends and comprehensive executive level analyses.
- Assist in preparing analysis, commentary and presentation material for Board of Directors meetings, operations reviews, management meetings & financial reviews.
- Prepare detailed variance analysis of financial statements and managerial reports; Understand, analyze, and report on key variances between actuals and plan
- Develop and enhance reporting on competitive intelligence, customer intelligence, geographic economic data and technology trends.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to model and execute business analytical projects and support company initiatives and financial decisions
- Partner with the company’s accounting team with month-end close reporting with respect to the close package and the accuracy and completeness of the financial results
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis to support business decisions
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field (finance, accounting, economics) or engineering from a top school
- At least 3-4 years combined experience in financial analysis, budgeting, or investment banking; SaaS industry experience required
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization, demonstrating ability to dive into details and reconcile differences
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make recommendations around process
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across all levels within the organization
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Strong financial systems and business application skills including Excel, Powerpoint and other web-based management reporting tools
- Strong desire to be at a fast-paced high growth company
We’re on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. Lifelong customers aren’t born by accident. In the world of retail, it’s all sunshine until the customer clicks “buy.” After that, the romance is gone, replaced with a maze of customer service phone trees and shipping headaches. We see a better way by empowering retailers to champion their customers at every step of the journey. Taking care of people after they’ve bought your product isn’t just the right thing to do — it’s how you build trust and turn customers into brand ambassadors.