Senior Staff Engineer, Distributed Systems (Remote) - India
Narvar, Remote - India
Simplify the everyday lives of consumers.
Narvar is Growing! We are hiring a Principal Distributed Systems Engineer to lead platform architecture. You'll help drive decisions on how best to scale & extend our platform and own reliability and scalability KPIs.
- Lead a group of motivated engineers and help the members of your team grow technically
- Lead, inspire, teach and influence your team to embrace modern engineering practices that enable them to frequently release high-quality services
- Translate requirements to work streams for your team and work with the team to design, estimate, develop and launch new products & features
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience, and performance
What we’re looking for
- You have a BS/MS in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
- You have 8+ years of experience as a professional software engineer
- You have 6+ years of hands-on experience in architecture, design and development of enterprise applications, integrations & data infrastructure
- You have experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems
- You have experience with managing large, complex systems in the cloud
- You have proven track record in delivering efficient, scalable, reliable and maintainable customer facing systems on time
- You have demonstrated experience managing, delivering and owning the services end-to-end
- You are not afraid to take initiative and help make an impact on the larger organization
- You have solid organizational and communication skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- You have solid track record engaging and collaborating across the organization in different locations
- You have led the technical architecture of maintainable and scalable applications and data systems
- Deep hands-on expertise in one or more of the following server-side languages: Java, Python, Go, Scala, Rust
- Extensive experience designing, building, and integrating with RESTful APIs
- Experience designing and scaling relational and NoSQL database platforms (such as MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticache)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like Amazon AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience building high volume, high performance, and highly available SaaS or consumer-facing products
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 850+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 8 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’re on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. Lifelong customers aren’t born by accident. In the world of retail, it’s all sunshine until the customer clicks “buy.” After that, the romance is gone, replaced with a maze of customer service phone trees and shipping headaches. We see a better way by empowering retailers to champion their customers at every step of the journey. Taking care of people after they’ve bought your product isn’t just the right thing to do — it’s how you build trust and turn customers into brand ambassadors.
Want to learn more about Narvar? Visit Narvar's website.
Magically schedule meetingsThat’s us. That’s all we think about.