Senior/Staff/Principal Distributed Systems Engineer
Simplify the everyday lives of consumers.
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 650+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 7 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
Do you want to create engaging & meaningful products on an eCommerce platform that is frequented by millions of customers worldwide? We are looking for a seasoned distributed systems engineer to build and support platform architecture. We are looking for multiple engineers ranging from Senior, Staff and Principal. You will drive own projects scaling & extending our platform as well as scalability, availability, and reliability.
You will partner with engineering leaders to solve problems at scale and build efficient and simple platform components. You will build and implement systems to reduce time to market of new products and features without disruption of existing traffic streams.
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience, and performance while reducing complexity
- Develop scalable SaaS applications and data systems
- Engage and collaborate with engineering teams across the organization to estimate, design, develop, debug and launch new products & features
- Translate business/ customer requirements to technical solutions
What we’re looking for
- Experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems
- A track record in delivering efficient, scalable, reliable and maintainable SaaS products and services
- Expertise in one or more server-side languages: Java, Python, Go, Scala, Rust
- Expertise in RESTful APIs
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database platforms (such as MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticache)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS or GCP
- BS/MS in computer science, engineering or similar
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’re on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. Lifelong customers aren’t born by accident. In the world of retail, it’s all sunshine until the customer clicks “buy.” After that, the romance is gone, replaced with a maze of customer service phone trees and shipping headaches. We see a better way by empowering retailers to champion their customers at every step of the journey. Taking care of people after they’ve bought your product isn’t just the right thing to do — it’s how you build trust and turn customers into brand ambassadors.
Want to learn more about Narvar? Visit Narvar's website.
The best bed for better sleep