Senior/Staff/Principal Distributed Systems Engineer (Remote) - US
Narvar, Remote - US
Simplify the everyday lives of consumers.
Narvar is growing! We are looking for Software Engineers who are passionate about building engaging & meaningful products that solve consumer problems. Our products are frequented by millions of customers worldwide on the e-commerce platforms of top brands. In this role you will lead the design, development and support of our platform architecture.
As a Software Engineer, you will own scaling & extension of platform products as well as building and implementing systems to reduce time to market of new products and features without disrupting existing traffic streams.
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience, and performance while reducing complexity
- Develop scalable SaaS applications and data systems
- Engage and collaborate with engineering teams across the organization to estimate, design, develop, debug and launch new products & features
- Translate business/ customer requirements to technical solutions
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems
- A track record in delivering efficient, scalable, reliable and maintainable SaaS products and services
- Expertise in one or more server-side languages: Java, Python, Go, Scala, Rust
- Expertise in RESTful APIs
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database platforms (such as MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticache)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS or GCP
- BS/MS in computer science, engineering or similar
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 850+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 8 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’re on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. Lifelong customers aren’t born by accident. In the world of retail, it’s all sunshine until the customer clicks “buy.” After that, the romance is gone, replaced with a maze of customer service phone trees and shipping headaches. We see a better way by empowering retailers to champion their customers at every step of the journey. Taking care of people after they’ve bought your product isn’t just the right thing to do — it’s how you build trust and turn customers into brand ambassadors.
Want to learn more about Narvar? Visit Narvar's website.
The social news and entertainment company.