Senior Staff Site Reliability Engineer
Narvar, Bengaluru (Remote)
Simplify the everyday lives of consumers.
a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 650+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, together, we've served over 400 million consumers worldwide across 7 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We are looking for a senior staff site reliability engineer to lead cloud ops & data infrastructure. You'll lead reliability, scalability & availability of our overall infrastructure with an eye towards automation - optimizing for reduction in MTTR, Lead time to delivery & operational cost.
what you’ll do
- Define a roadmap for all engineering teams to utilize fully automated, self-service, highly scalable, cost-efficient, observable, auditable and reliable infrastructure services as standard practice
- Drive the execution of this roadmap across the engineering organization, collaborating with SREs and senior engineers across engineering while also performing hands-on work on the most critical challenges
- Provide expert technical guidance and ongoing engineering design review to teams planning and implementing large migrations, service-oriented architecture, broad architectural shifts, and capacity growth
- Build a metrics-driven operational culture standardizing our practices for SLO definition and review as well as for logging, monitoring, alerting, and on-call practices
- Make iterative improvements to blameless incident management processes, root cause analyses, outage prevention, and service recovery strategies across the engineering organization
- Partner closely with Security, Quality, and Product teams to achieve high priority security, privacy, compliance, reliability and business-continuity objectives on our overall roadmap
- Propose and drive large improvements to production systems to achieve significant impact to our business and engineering teams
- Mentor and coach engineers to be curious and effective at discovering and solving technical challenges
what we’re looking for
- You have proven experience (10+ years) demonstrating hands-on technical leadership and business impact in combining software engineering skills with systems engineering skills to solve complex automation and reliability challenges
- You have deep technical experience with various cloud providers, operating systems, containerization technologies, automated deployment frameworks, orchestration frameworks, monitoring, logging, alerting, system internals, networking, databases, distributed systems, and service-oriented architecture
- You have the skills to implement load, stress, performance and reliability testing standards at scale to improve service, platform and infrastructure resiliency
- You demonstrate clear decision making and good trade-offs in complex situations comprising multiple opinions, needs, teams, technologies, cloud providers, and architectural settings
- You communicate effectively with stakeholders ranging from executives to junior engineers across the breadth and depth of the engineering organization
- You enable the engineering organization to innovate and deliver with greater speed and safety
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’re on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. Lifelong customers aren’t born by accident. In the world of retail, it’s all sunshine until the customer clicks “buy.” After that, the romance is gone, replaced with a maze of customer service phone trees and shipping headaches. We see a better way by empowering retailers to champion their customers at every step of the journey. Taking care of people after they’ve bought your product isn’t just the right thing to do — it’s how you build trust and turn customers into brand ambassadors.
Want to learn more about Narvar? Visit Narvar's website.
See jobs at Bluecore