Staff Machine Learning Engineer (Remote) - US/Canada
Narvar, Remote - North America
Simplify the everyday lives of consumers.
Narvar is growing! We are looking for a Staff Machine Learning Engineer to lead one of our brand new data product teams. In this role, you will work on improving all aspects of Narvar’s Data and ML infrastructure. Data products are at the heart of Narvar’s core business strategy and competitive advantages. The work you’ll do will impact Narvar’s whole business, our partners, and the lives of millions of consumers globally!
Machine Learning Engineers at Narvar work across the stack. We are ‘full-stack’ ML Engineers. This means that we write production-level code and own ML and Data Ops for our teams.
- Build and ship machine learning models and pipelines for use cases spanning e-commerce, consumer data, markets, logistics, and new products
- Work on real-world consumer data for time series analysis, outlier detection, user modeling, personalization, etc
- Deliver impactful data products that accelerate our competitive advantage
- Extend thought leadership through write-ups, reviews, and vision fostered from practical and industry knowledge
- Inspire growth of your team’s skills and abilities multiplying their impact
- Support hiring efforts of ML and Data Engineers and mentor the leaders of tomorrow
What we’re looking for
- Strong ML and Data Engineering skills with focus around user modeling and personalization, social network analysis, predictive modeling, clustering etc
- You should have dealt with large amounts of data (TB) in a production setting and built distributed data processing in Hadoop, Spark, BigQuery, or Apache Beam
- Experience with Open-source ML frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, TFX, PyTorch)
- Experience with Cloud technology stacks (e.g. GCP or AWS and their product offerings)
- Strong understanding of probability & statistics, and/or machine learning, and algorithms
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience working with Linux, shell scripting
- Experience with distributed systems, performance optimization and improving their resilience
- Ph.D. or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Science (physical or social), Engineering or similar quantitative and computation field
- Experience leading a team of engineers; strong ability to multiply the effect of the team; self-starter that can balance sophistication with practicality
- 8+ years of experience working on large scale engineering problems
- 5+ years of hands-on experience shipping models to production with measured impact
- 2+ years in Sr Engineering capacity with demonstrated leadership skills
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 850+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 8 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’re on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. Lifelong customers aren’t born by accident. In the world of retail, it’s all sunshine until the customer clicks “buy.” After that, the romance is gone, replaced with a maze of customer service phone trees and shipping headaches. We see a better way by empowering retailers to champion their customers at every step of the journey. Taking care of people after they’ve bought your product isn’t just the right thing to do — it’s how you build trust and turn customers into brand ambassadors.
Want to learn more about Narvar? Visit Narvar's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.