Lead Senior Software Engineer (Remote) - US/Canada
Narvar, Remote - North America
Simplify the everyday lives of consumers.
Are you a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about building products? Are you interested in growing into a management role? I am building out a new team to develop new services and I am looking for the engineer that will lead the charge.
In this role, you will focus on building new services while being mentored in effective management by me, a seasoned, successful engineering leader focused on your and your team’s growth and success. You will learn techniques that will serve you well no matter what career path you follow in the future.
- A focus on solving problems while taking into account all technical, organizational and business concerns.
- A finely tuned sense of quality and all the things that roll into making a quality product.
- An interest in algebraically-typed languages, particularly Rust but includes Haskell, Ocaml, Scala, etc.
- Drive towards a vision while focusing on incremental delivery.
- Experience and/or interest in full ownership (software, quality, infrastructure, etc) of a product.
- Meet, at minimum, the Senior Engineer abilities listed below.
These are abilities indicative of a Senior Engineer in this space. You don’t have to have all of them, but you should have a strong mix of them. Strengths and weaknesses vary by individual.
- Lead the design and implementation of features and systems.
- Model data and implement an appropriate target system(e.g., distributed, non-distributed, NoSQL, SQL) for those data models.
- Define, orchestrate and deploy systems in a cloud, preferably AWS or GCP.
- Define APIs, be they REST, RPC, GraphQL, etc.
- Mentor peers and team members.
- Debug issues, from problems in the development environment on a laptop to outages in production.
This is an engineering role, and there is no guarantee that you will move into management. That will depend entirely on how you perform and if you remain interested in that career change. I plan to help you learn how to be an effective manager and hand you responsibilities as you are ready to take them. It’s an opportunity, not a guarantee.
I don’t expect you to be an expert in everything. You will be very strong in some areas and you will have gaps in others. On average, your strengths outweigh your weaknesses. You should have a strong interest in being mentored and in mentoring those around you. You should have the ability to learn, both from yourself and from someone else. If this sounds like you, let’s have a conversation. I am happy to chat before you apply.
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. Post-purchase is a critical but underserved phase of the e-commerce customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight their customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 850+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 8 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’re on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. Lifelong customers aren’t born by accident. In the world of retail, it’s all sunshine until the customer clicks “buy.” After that, the romance is gone, replaced with a maze of customer service phone trees and shipping headaches. We see a better way by empowering retailers to champion their customers at every step of the journey. Taking care of people after they’ve bought your product isn’t just the right thing to do — it’s how you build trust and turn customers into brand ambassadors.
Want to learn more about Narvar? Visit Narvar's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.