Technical Support Engineer (Remote) - Canada/US
Narvar, Remote - Canada/USA
Simplify the everyday lives of consumers.
In this role, you will help to identify areas of improvement and assist in implementing new troubleshooting methods to provide effective solutions for our clients.
- Troubleshoot software production issues for and with customers
- Respond to cases in our support ticketing system and manage backlog cases while maintaining the highest quality of support
- Identify and report bugs using JIRA
- Continue to build our knowledge basis by authoring solutions
- Attend triage to discuss customer impact and status and report back to the support team (this includes communication of customer impact to all internal customer-facing teams)
- Manage technical escalations for other support members, provide status updates, and drive them to successful resolution
- Continuously improve customer service, productivity, and processes
- Adhere to company policies and procedures regarding customer handling processes, service entitlement verification, and problem escalation
- Perform special projects and duties as assigned
- You have 2+ years of direct customer contact experience, preferably in the retail business space
- You have a degree in information systems, computer science, or related experience
- You have a solid understanding of relational database concepts, SQL query statements, Java/Python development knowledge, JSON and CSS, HTML, Basic understanding of HTTP methods- GET vs POST, working with third party/external APIs
- You have both effective verbal and written communications skills
- You are familiar with escalation processes
- You have strong cognitive skills including analysis, problem-solving, and attention to detail, with the ability to resolve basic and complex technical problems and handle customer requests
- Ability to work well as a member of a large team spanning multiple cultures and time zones
- Experience with VCS (version control systems) like Github is a plus
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 850+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 8 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’re on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. Lifelong customers aren’t born by accident. In the world of retail, it’s all sunshine until the customer clicks “buy.” After that, the romance is gone, replaced with a maze of customer service phone trees and shipping headaches. We see a better way by empowering retailers to champion their customers at every step of the journey. Taking care of people after they’ve bought your product isn’t just the right thing to do — it’s how you build trust and turn customers into brand ambassadors.
Want to learn more about Narvar? Visit Narvar's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.