Narvar is growing! We are hiring Site Reliability Engineers to lead cloud ops & data infrastructure for all of the Narvar products. You will lead reliability, scalability, & availability of our overall infrastructure with an eye towards automation - optimizing for a reduction in MTTR & operational cost. You are a person who is self-motivated, scrappy, and willing to learn and take action.
Our SRE team is responsible for
- Reliability & Availability
- Developer Experience
- Operational Experience
NOTE: We are currently hiring for multiple openings that span across numerous teams and at varying levels. With your application, you will be considered across the spectrum of our openings where we’ll look to engage and understand your interests, qualifications, and expectations to align best with our current opportunities. We look forward to engaging you in our process!
We are a remote/distributed company and you would be working 100% remotely.
- Provide expert technical guidance and ongoing engineering design review to teams (ranging from 10-15 or 3 teams of 4, etc) planning and implementing large migrations, broad architectural shifts, and capacity growth
- Build a metrics-driven operational culture standardizing our practices for SLO definition and review, logging, monitoring, alerting, and on-call practices
- Make iterative improvements to blameless incident management processes, root cause analyses, outage prevention, and service recovery strategies
- Partner closely with Security, Quality, and Product teams to achieve high priority security, privacy, compliance, reliability and business-continuity objectives to the overall product roadmap
- You will be tasked with supporting all of the Software Supply Chain within Narvar
What we are looking for:
- Proven hands-on technical project leadership experience demonstrating business impact
- Software engineering and systems engineering skills (open source preferred) 5+ years
- Strong hands on production experience (at least 5 years) in cloud technologies like AWS/GCP
- Strong systems knowledge (operating systems, networking, etc.)
- Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Envoy, Istio, Nginx
- Observability tools like: Prometheus, ELK, Grafana, Datadog
- Data intensive systems like: Cassandra, Yugabyte, Redis, MongoDB, Postgres, Kafka, Pulsar, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Service-oriented architecture
- Programming languages like: Python, Java, Golang, Rust, Typescript etc.
- Reliability engineering (SLOs, SLIs, Chaos engineering, performance and load testing, rate limiting, etc.)
- Experience helping the business establish Metrics, Service Level Objectives (SLO) (e.g., availability targets, reliability target)
- You have experience with Capacity Planning and Demand Forecasting
- Previous startup experience strongly preferred
- CS Degree
- Prior speaking engagements in the related areas
- Publications around related topics
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey and that's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 1200+ other brands. Through the pandemic we have pivoted and embraced a fully remote workforce where together we've served over 500 million consumers worldwide, processing 8+ billion orders last year alone over 40+ countries and across 50+ languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate our wins. We’ve been recognized by Fast Company numerous times as one of the most innovative companies in the world – for social good to logistics optimization. You can feel good knowing you’re working towards changing the world! Join us on our mission.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’re on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. Lifelong customers aren’t born by accident. In the world of retail, it’s all sunshine until the customer clicks “buy.” After that, the romance is gone, replaced with a maze of customer service phone trees and shipping headaches. We see a better way by empowering retailers to champion their customers at every step of the journey. Taking care of people after they’ve bought your product isn’t just the right thing to do — it’s how you build trust and turn customers into brand ambassadors.
Want to learn more about Narvar? Visit Narvar's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.