What you’ll do
- Work with Software Engineers and Infrastructure Engineers to make our technical designs secure from the start
- Set up and harden our immutable cloud infrastructure as a base layer of securityImplement automated defense and detection at the operating system and container level
- Work with Software Engineers to ensure that frontend and backend application code is secure against various types of attacks
- Implement and manage security tools such as scanners to help keep infrastructure, operating systems, containers, and applications secure
- Threat model and penetration test our systems and third party applications, with remediation of issues
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience securing a medium or large scale production system
- Significant experience in one or more of: Cloud security, Linux/Unix OS and container security, web application and API security
- Experience securing data at rest (encryption) and in transit (SSH and HTTPS)
- A thoughtful, adaptive, and collaborative mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical and otherwise
- Ability to pick up and learn new security, development, and operations skills
- Experience: Minimum of 4 years
- A Bachelors degree or years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Residency: Lived in United States at least 3 years out of the last 5 years
- You will be required to obtain a public trust clearance.
We're a team of engineers, designers, and product builders that were brought in to help fix HealthCare.gov in the winter of 2013. Since then, we've been working with the government to improve the services HealthCare.gov provides. The new application process that we designed and built is now used by millions each year to sign up for health insurance, and has helped America reach its lowest uninsured rate ever. With our experience repairing complex systems at HealthCare.gov we’ve seen how building with high expectations, clear design, and scalable infrastructure can create dramatic benefits. We’ve been the firefighters – now we’re the architects. We're proud of what we've been able to do, but our work is far from done. We’ve since begun work with both the Department of Veterans Affairs and Medicare. We are focused on modernizing the VA’s appeals processing systems – Veterans currently wait, on average, five years to receive a resolution. For Medicare, we are designing and building the architecture for Medicare's historic transition towards value-based care. We’ve started Nava as a public benefit corporation to radically improve how our government serves its people. We believe that the services our government provides should be clear and reliable. We’re here for the people that have no seat at the table — design for them, make decisions for them. We are their advocate and an active and responsible steward of that power.
Want to learn more about Nava? Visit Nava's website.
A monthly box of dog goodies
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer (.NET) - Remote
TCGplayer, Syracuse, NY