What you’ll do
- Work with fellow Infrastructure Engineers to build and maintain our production infrastructure to ensure ongoing reliability while maximizing development team efficiency
- Troubleshoot and debug infrastructure, network, and operating system issues
- Build and maintain operations software which automates the configuration, provisioning, deployment and monitoring of our core systems
- Manage security systems, linux file system permissions and network firewalls
- Perform automated deployments to create new or update existing production environments
- Set up and maintain alarm systems for notifications on error conditions
- Join our on-call rotation as a first line of defense during production issues
What we're looking for
- Previous experience maintaining a medium or larger scale production system
- Significant experience in one or more of the following areas: Cloud infrastructure, Unix/Linux, Windows, Scripting, or Security
- A thoughtful, adaptive, and collaborative mindsetUnderstanding of networks, HTTP
- Ability to use the shell to achieve practical aims. E.g. navigate the shell, SSH into machines, create SSH keys, read log files, move files, and start/stop services, search in files, change permissions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical and otherwise
- Ability to pick up and learn new development and operations skills
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years
- Education: Due to contractual requirements, this role requires a Bachelor's Degree (in any discipline).
- Residency: Lived in United States at least 3 years out of the last 5 years
- You will be required to obtain a public trust clearance.
We're a team of engineers, designers, and product builders that were brought in to help fix HealthCare.gov in the winter of 2013. Since then, we've been working with the government to improve the services HealthCare.gov provides. The new application process that we designed and built is now used by millions each year to sign up for health insurance, and has helped America reach its lowest uninsured rate ever. With our experience repairing complex systems at HealthCare.gov we’ve seen how building with high expectations, clear design, and scalable infrastructure can create dramatic benefits. We’ve been the firefighters – now we’re the architects. We're proud of what we've been able to do, but our work is far from done. We’ve since begun work with both the Department of Veterans Affairs and Medicare. We are focused on modernizing the VA’s appeals processing systems – Veterans currently wait, on average, five years to receive a resolution. For Medicare, we are designing and building the architecture for Medicare's historic transition towards value-based care. We’ve started Nava as a public benefit corporation to radically improve how our government serves its people. We believe that the services our government provides should be clear and reliable. We’re here for the people that have no seat at the table — design for them, make decisions for them. We are their advocate and an active and responsible steward of that power.
Want to learn more about Nava? Visit Nava's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.