What you'll do
- Define the vision, goals, and measures of success for the products and services you manage
- Grow and support a talented team of Product Managers who take pride in building high-quality, high-impact products and services that drive Nava's mission forward
- Work with designers, business analysts, project managers and technical leads to discover and synthesize market research, user needs, business requirements, and technical approaches
- Define the direction, scope, and priority of projects, from high level initiatives to specific features, user stories, and business metrics
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop and ship projects
- Proactively socialize, iterate on, and build buy-in for product initiatives with the team, government partners, and other contractors
- Collaborate with the project management team to prioritize roadmap and inbound units of work
- Represent Nava’s outcome-centric and user-centric approach in discovery meetings with agencies and contractors
- Understand and communicate the needs of end users and population segments we serve and government partners we work with
- Measure product progress towards business goals or user needs and translate data insights into action
- Make tactical decisions to improve the design, define requirements, and generate stakeholder buy-in for our desired path forward
What we're looking for
- Proven leadership managing and growing a team of 2+ Product Manager director reports, including performance management
- Demonstrated interest and experience in coaching and mentoring, helping their team to define strategies and solutions instead of telling them the answers
- Ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, using a variety of skills and tools
- Strong bias towards action; ability to step up into team gaps and ambiguous situations to structure the team’s action plan
- Ability to execute with incomplete information; great product instincts and an ability to create order from divergent needs
- Ability to identify market trends and shifts that will affect product direction, and updating plans based on future expectations
- Ability to generate very strong product plans and build buy-in across more than one team, including government partners and other contractors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical, user experience, and project management trade-offs; enthusiastic and structured communicator
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative, and positive mindset
- Experience: At least 5 years of experience as a Product Manager owning a portfolio of products
- Education: Due to contractual requirements, this role requires a Bachelor's Degree (in any discipline).
- Residency: Lived in United States at least 3 years out of the last 5 years
- You will be required to obtain a public trust clearance.
We're a team of engineers, designers, and product builders that were brought in to help fix HealthCare.gov in the winter of 2013. Since then, we've been working with the government to improve the services HealthCare.gov provides. The new application process that we designed and built is now used by millions each year to sign up for health insurance, and has helped America reach its lowest uninsured rate ever. With our experience repairing complex systems at HealthCare.gov we’ve seen how building with high expectations, clear design, and scalable infrastructure can create dramatic benefits. We’ve been the firefighters – now we’re the architects. We're proud of what we've been able to do, but our work is far from done. We’ve since begun work with both the Department of Veterans Affairs and Medicare. We are focused on modernizing the VA’s appeals processing systems – Veterans currently wait, on average, five years to receive a resolution. For Medicare, we are designing and building the architecture for Medicare's historic transition towards value-based care. We’ve started Nava as a public benefit corporation to radically improve how our government serves its people. We believe that the services our government provides should be clear and reliable. We’re here for the people that have no seat at the table — design for them, make decisions for them. We are their advocate and an active and responsible steward of that power.
Want to learn more about Nava? Visit Nava's website.
22 Active Jobs
See jobs at Dashlane
Jobs You May Like
Principal Product Manager