What you’ll do
- Set and uphold standards for delivery excellence and client service.
- Proactively detect risks and work collaboratively with the delivery team and program stakeholders to effectively resolve them (issues can span delivery, process, culture, expectation setting, staffing, contract milestones, finances).
- Support the creation of execution environments built on mutual trust between government partners and our team.
- Engage our clients on a continuing basis to ensure their needs are met or exceeded, understand their vision, collaboratively solve issues, and communicate our progress transparently.
- Scale efforts through a team of project managers and other functional delivery leads
- Ensure that Nava is delivering contract scope on time within budget, act as the budget owner for your program in coordination with the finance team, and coordinate necessary contract modifications
- Maintain awareness of the broader landscape and potential for new opportunities and risks.
What we’re looking for
- A proactive, service-oriented (or “servant leader”) approach to program management – internally with Nava teammates, and externally with clients.
- An extremely adaptable problem solver who can deal with multi-dimensional challenges involving many organizations, processes, cultures, and technologies.
- An empathetic relationship builder with a collaborative and positive mindset.
- A strategic approach to delivery planning and contract management over the medium-term and long-term.
- An iterative approach to execution that emphasizes rapid team progress.
- Ability to manage contract finances in coordination with the finance team.
- Ability to maintain broader situational awareness beyond the immediate team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience: At least 12 years of experience managing complex agile projects in a government context.
- Education: Due to contractual requirements, this role requires a Bachelor's Degree (in any discipline).
- Residency: Lived in United States at least 3 years out of the last 5 years
- You will be required to obtain a public trust clearance.
We're a team of engineers, designers, and product builders that were brought in to help fix HealthCare.gov in the winter of 2013. Since then, we've been working with the government to improve the services HealthCare.gov provides. The new application process that we designed and built is now used by millions each year to sign up for health insurance, and has helped America reach its lowest uninsured rate ever. With our experience repairing complex systems at HealthCare.gov we’ve seen how building with high expectations, clear design, and scalable infrastructure can create dramatic benefits. We’ve been the firefighters – now we’re the architects. We're proud of what we've been able to do, but our work is far from done. We’ve since begun work with both the Department of Veterans Affairs and Medicare. We are focused on modernizing the VA’s appeals processing systems – Veterans currently wait, on average, five years to receive a resolution. For Medicare, we are designing and building the architecture for Medicare's historic transition towards value-based care. We’ve started Nava as a public benefit corporation to radically improve how our government serves its people. We believe that the services our government provides should be clear and reliable. We’re here for the people that have no seat at the table — design for them, make decisions for them. We are their advocate and an active and responsible steward of that power.
Want to learn more about Nava? Visit Nava's website.
Minimalist makeup and skincare