Nava is a public benefit corporation, which means we have a social mission written into our founding charter. The people who work at Nava have a fiduciary duty to our stated mission: to improve access, effectiveness, and simplicity of government services.
As a professional services firm, we achieve our mission by partnering with government clients at the state and federal levels. We bill for our time, selling our expertise and problem-solving methodology to government clients who hire us to help improve their products and services so that their users and beneficiaries have a better experience.
These end-users — the humans who benefit from our work — are at the core of everything we do. They inspire and motivate us. Working with our government clients to align their goals with their beneficiary's needs enables them to better deliver on their mission and provides everyone at Nava opportunities to do meaningful, impactful work.
Nava is growing steadily to reimagine how our government serves its people, and we’re looking for experienced frontend developers to help drive this mission forward.
You will work on small teams and play a critical role in helping us build government services that millions of Americans depend on. You’ll be the keystone between design and engineering, translating wireframes into rock solid interfaces. You’re highly collaborative and passionate about delivering work at a very high level of polish and will help us set the standard for user-facing interactions.
What you'll do
- Work with fellow Nava engineers and designers to design, review, and build web services
- Collaborate with the government to invent, implement, and deploy new systems and improvements to existing systems
- Build functionality to ship new experiences and technologies
- Develop prototypes for new citizen-facing services and tools to help federal employees under tight communication deadlines
- Iterate on existing prototypes and applications to improve ease-of-use, interactivity, and responsiveness
What we're looking for
- At least one year of experience working in an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment developing medium or large scale web applications
- Significant experience with any front-end framework such as Angular, React, Backbone, or Ember
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative and positive mindset
- Ability to think holistically around engineering issues
- Knowledge of frontend engineering security and architecture
- Tenacity to dive into problems and iterate in working code
- Excellent attention to detail around user experience and code cleanliness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical and otherwise
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Targeted Salary Range between $107k-$135k
This position is pending contract award
● Must have lived in the United States for at least three (3) of the past five (5) years.
● An active green card or citizenship is required.
● Candidates who are offered a job with Nava must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
● Offer of hire is contingent upon completion of a background check that includes a criminal record history review.
● Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Perks working with Nava
● Your well-being is important to us, so we offer highly competitive benefits for medical, dental, and vision
● 20 days of PTO accrued, 12 days paid federal holidays, 5 floating holidays, unlimited sick leave
● 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave and weekly meal deliveries during leave
● Sabbatical Leave
● 401k contributions match at 4% of your salary
● Flexible work arrangements
● $1,000 new home office set up budget, monthly phone allowance
● Monthly partial reimbursement for utilities (where applicable)
● $2,000 annual tuition and professional development budget
● Equity stock options
● Employee referral program
● Commuter Benefits
● Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
● Life and Accidental Death Insurance
● Diverse, inclusive, highly collaborative, and vibrant culture fostering remote work!
You can work in a hybrid work arrangement from one of Nava’s offices in NYC, DC, or San Francisco. We also have fully remote options if you reside in one of the following states:
Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, DC, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington.
*If you are not living in one of the states listed above, unfortunately, you will not be considered for a position at this time.
Nava PBC equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion not only reflects our values as a public benefit corporation but also enriches our ability to do our work. Learn more about where we are today and hope to be by 2025.
Please contact the recruiting team at [email protected] if you would like to request reasonable accommodation during the application or interviewing process.
We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.