Software Engineer, NBC News Digital
NBCUniversal, New York, NY
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
About Our Team:
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
What We Offer: New York
- 30 Rockefeller Plaza in NYC. Home to shows like SNL, Jimmy Fallon and Today!
- This location offers a gym, personal training, massage therapist, onsite medical center, chiropractor, salon, Zo Lounge, clubhouse and library, gourmet cafeteria and more!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO
- Universal Park Tickets and companywide discounts
- Active investment in skill-building and growth
- Volunteer Opportunities and many more!
Your Day Includes:
- You’ll work on one or more of our API, Editorial Tools and Web teams. NBC News Digital is great home for proactive engineers who can collaborate and inspire other engineers across several different teams.
- You will create the tools, infrastructure and digital experiences for one of the most trusted and wide-reaching news sources in the world. From building tools that empower reporters and editors to creating innovative, engaging, high-performance web and mobile experiences, our engineers are the backbone of NBC News, MSNBC and The TODAY Show’s online presence.
- We work with technologies like Node.js, React, Go, GraphQL, Elastic Search, RabbitMQ.
- We’re also committed to collaboration - engineers here work with product managers, designers, other engineers, reporters and editors to deliver great software experiences for our users.
- Build, test, review, and ship software for our platforms, including our suite of APIs and microservices, editorial tools, and web frontends
- Partner with other engineering squads to collaboratively develop our APIs, content management and frontend systems
- Collaborate on the design of system architecture, data models, data flows, schemas and API contracts
- Extend and enhance our toolchain and contribute to our existing development practices
- Be an advocate for your team and advise our product group, other development teams, and the newsroom
Who We’re Looking For:
The people who are most successful and have the most fun in our organization have the following attributes
- You have top-notch skills in your technical domain. You also are committed to learning and growing your skill set.
- You are user and product focused. Engineers at NBC News Digital are expected to contribute to the strategy, planning and execution of projects.
- You’re committed to collaboration. As an engineer you’re expected to voice your opinion, understand other people’s point of view and work with others to make great products and technology.
- You take ownership, are proactive and entrepreneurial. You are OK with ambiguity and work to reduce it by building and prototyping. You push for solutions that solve immediate problems while building towards long-term goals.
- You’re a system thinker. You love to understand not only how your code works but also how it fits into the larger ecosystem of services.
- Experience with Node.js and Go, backend technologies like Java is also great
- Our data stores include MongoDB, PostgresSQL, and more
- ElasticSearch for queries and Redis for caching
- Our frontends are HTML and CSS/SASS, we use React primarily as a frontend framework
- Experience with frontend frameworks like Vue, Mithril, Angular and others is also great
- Experience with version control, peer review, and other modern development practices
- Experience working in the AWS ecosystem is highly desirable
- Depth in architectural practices and evaluating and implementing new technologies
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!
Jobs You May Like
Solution Specialist - Research Services, CoreXM & Brand Experi...
Qualtrics, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia