Cyber Security Manager – Direct-to-Consumer
NBCUniversal, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
The Cyber Security Manager will build strong relationships with the NBCU DTC and Sky leadership. These relationships will enable the successful candidate to assess business practices, identify gaps in security controls and lead development and execution of cyber security strategies. Additionally, a successful candidate is expected to interact effectively and strategically with Cyber Security leadership, Enterprise Information Technology teams, internal audit, clients and regulators. Finally, a successful candidate must be able to effectively communicate the importance of key programs and services within the NBC Universal Cyber Security Organization to obtain support, trust and buy-in from the DTC and Sky businesses.
- Communicate and coordinate NBC Universal’s Cyber Security strategy, programs and services with a diverse group of business stakeholders
- Work closely with the UK Sky and US DTC teams to track and coordinate all technical and business driven security elements of the NBCU DTC service
- Provide insight and seek support from the NBC Universal Cyber Security function to inform and align with the DTC and Sky streaming service
- Support Cyber Security organization leadership in the identification and communication of relevant Cyber Security-related issues, risks and events, including leading operational engagement and supporting metrics for measuring Cyber Security maturity
- Coordinate and advocate the DTC service security needs with Cyber Security architects, engineers and analysts
- Keep abreast of Cyber Security trends, with an ability to articulate security related themes and principles in to business terms
- Drive the delivery of Cyber Security plans, implementations and leading practice controls, with an understanding of proactive defense security principles and strategies
- Lead business engaged risk exercises to identify and measure risk posture and provide recommendations on mitigation strategies
- Actively engage and support security incident response team in resolution and close of investigations of incidents with ownership of post mortem and remediation plans
- Support the development of business-relevant metrics and key performance indicators to measure Cyber Security program maturity
•Minimum 5 years work experience in Information Technology
•Minimum 3 years work experience in cyber security
•Minimum 2 years working in a multi-national business operation
•Minimum 2 years in customer facing technical engagement roles, including service and solution delivery.
•Ability to travel up to 20% of time, as needed, including overnight stays
•Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through NBC UNIVERSAL CAREERS to be considered
•This position is available in the NYC/Englewood Cliffs/Stamford area and the successful candidate will lead cyber security engagements for DTC and Sky business primarily located in the US and UK
•DTC streaming, News or Media Entertainment industry experience
•Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study
•Training in Cyber Security specific disciplines
•Ability to communicate effectively to business and technical teams
•Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple initiatives
•Demonstrated negotiation and problem resolution skills
•Experience in large global environments spanning multiple time-zones
•Demonstrated interpersonal, analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
•Demonstrated ability to communicate to all levels of an organization
•Demonstrated knowledge of recognized Information Security related standards and technologies
•Demonstrated knowledge of International Information Security and Privacy regulations, laws, and policies
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
The best bed for better sleep