Sr Application Security Engineer
NBCUniversal, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
The Senior Cyber Security Application Engineer will function as a technical and engineering subject matter expert for various Cyber Security technology areas. They will partner with Fandango software engineering teams to deploy and sustain secure solutions by understanding the technical aspects of the business problems and applying sound security engineering knowledge and experience.
- Provides both hands-on and high-level guidance for defensive coding practices based on mitigation of OWASP Top 10, SANS 25 software design flaws
- Interprets static and dynamic code activities for both internal and external web applications
- Enjoys working with software and site reliability engineers with designing application security controls across a range of technologies to include but not limited to legacy .NET, C#, Java, and containerized micro-services applications
- Implement, and model security practices for enterprise & cloud environments using an intelligence and threat-driven defense model.
- Produce threat models and attack trees as part of security engagements
- Collaborates closely with NBCUniversal Filmed Entertainment Information Security Officer and team to deliver solutions for the Fandango business, consistent with the enterprise Information Security strategy.
• 5+ years of combined experience in software development and security engineering
• Security code review and flaw mitigation preferably in C#, .Net, and Java
• Solid understanding of OWASP Top 10, or SANS CWE 25
• Experience developing threat models
• Subject Matter Expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Hands-on coding and basic software design and architecture
- Linux operating systems
- Containers and container orchestration systems
- Public cloud infrastructures such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
• Experience with designing and securing web applications deployed to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Intellectual capability and curiosity to learn complex processes. strategic thinking and decision-making
• Ability to balance multiple demands in a fast-paced growing environment
• A dedicated and self-driven desire to think creatively and produce results
• Ability to coordinate, work with and gain the trust of business stakeholders, technical resources, and third-party vendors
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security or equivalent hands on experience
• Working knowledge of any of the following frameworks is a plus: PCI DSS, NIST 800-53/800-88, CRM, ISO 270001, GLBA
• A love for filmed entertainment
• A career passion for designing secure e-commerce web applications within filmed entertainment
• Be flexible, and have a creative approach to business, with demonstrated track record of aligning technical objectives and programs to enterprise objectives and strategies
• Be Highly collaborative; personally, and professionally self-aware; able to and interested in interacting with employees at all levels; embody integrity; and represent and inspire the highest ethical standard
• Strong sense of urgency and commitment, as well as sound business sense with a strategic, conceptual and operational orientation
• Careful listener with the confidence to make crisp and tough decisions about difficult issues; natural propensity to make others feel that their view points and perspectives are adequately considered
• Disciplined engineers and software developers interested in cyber defense and secure system development life cycles are strongly preferred.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.