Response Operations Center Manager
NBCUniversal, Englewood Cliffs - New Jersey, New York - New York, Orlando - Florida, Universal City - California,
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
NBCUniversal’s Cyber Threat Operations team is responsible for providing cyber threat intelligence, event monitoring, incident response, and threat hunting for all areas of NBCUniversal in a highly collaborative, fast paced, and agile fashion. The Response Operations Center, or ROC, is the designated 24x7x365 first line of defense against cyber threats. The team is made up of Level 1 event analysts and Level 2 Incident Responders. The ROC is critical to thwarting adversarial attacks quickly and effectively. The leader of this group must be able to adapt quickly, and implement rigor that drives consistency, but allows the team to operate with creativity. This role will require dedicated time to each employee to assist in their technical and professional development.
- Monitor, respond, and manage cyber security events in near real time
- Ensures proper event identification, triage, threat determination, documentation & reporting
- Maintain and enforce event/ticket SLAs
- Maintain team resources to support business & operational needs (shift coverage, leads, escalations)
- Mange relationships with Information Security Officers, business areas, and other IT security teams
- Process documentation creation, maturity, and management
- Managerial escalation point for potential cyber incidents or required assistance from ROC employees
- Oversight of Cyber Mailbox and the proper handling of requests
- Develop and execute strategic goals and that align to Sr Leadership vision
- Create and deliver monthly metric that displays operational effectiveness, risk reduction, and business impact
- Motivate the team, train and coach team members, and mentor individuals for growth and development
- Develop metrics, measure success, and translate results into consumable information for senior and executive leadership.
•2+ years managing a security operations center or incident response team.
•Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field and/or equivalent work experience
•7+ years of Cyber Security experience with a minimum of 4 years in Incident Response, Security Operations Center (SOC), or similar functions.
•In-depth understanding of cyber threats, adversary techniques, response procedures, network and enterprise architecture, and threat detection.
•Willing to work in a fast paced, high demand role that will require nonstandard working hours at times.
•Well organized and able to manage multiple workstreams and escalation paths.
•Minimal direction to achieve directives.
•Working knowledge of core Enterprise IT concepts (web application architectures, networking, etc.)
•Experience with host-based and network-based forensics tools and analysis
•Knowledge of industry recognized security and analysis frameworks (Mitre ATT&CK, Kill Chain, Diamond Model, NIST Incident Response, etc.)
•Previous experience with SIEM technologies (Splunk, etc.)
•Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
•Experience in applying security concepts to Cloud computing (AWS, Azure, GCP)
•Relevant certifications (GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, GNFA, etc.)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
The best bed for better sleep