Manager, Media Operations Telemundo 47
NBCUniversal, Fort Lee, NJ
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
The candidate will manage a diverse union and non-union technical team responsible for the day to day operation of our MOC. In addition to managing the day to day operation of his or her respective departments, this position also interacts directly with the end users, news, and field operations. The candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Manage Media Operations Center Staff.
- Media Asset Management using Dalet.
- Scheduling recordings using Dalet.
- Ingest of media from a variety of sources such as P2 cards, web, and files.
- Acquisition of live signals using Dejero and LiveU web portals.
- Acquisition of microwave signals using Troll or MCPro computer systems.
- Routing of live video signals to control room and web using router panels.
- Monitor video and audio of live signals for quality control.
- Simple editing such as to place pictures on backgrounds using Adobe Premiere.
- Continually analyze current workflows looking for efficiencies.
- Write technical sop documents as needed.
- Training and coaching staff.
• In depth knowledge of Dalet Newsroom Production System.
• Knowledge of Ross Overdrive Automation.
• Knowledge of studio technologies.
• Mastery of media asset management concepts.
• Solid Knowledge of newsgathering concepts and P2 file-based workflow.
• Solid Knowledge of newsgathering transmission technologies such as CBNG, Microwave, and Satellite.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
• Emergency On-site 365/24/7 Support
• Ability to work flexible hours (evenings/weekends) as assigned.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Must be willing to work in Fort Lee, NJ and New York City, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered a candidate for this position
• Solid knowledge of file-based delivery, compression, transcoding and streaming technologies.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.