Sr. Software Engineer, Stations
NBCUniversal, New York, NY
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
The NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division includes 42 NBC and Telemundo local television stations, a regional news network (NECN) and their associated websites and digital platforms, national multicast networks COZI TV and TeleXitos, as well as LX, a new TV and streaming network designed for Gen Z and millennial audiences, a group of out-of-home properties, and an in-house marketing and promotions companies.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be joining the backend team to support the digital websites, OTT and Apps. The backend team is the powerhouse that all the front facing products depend on to deliver content. You will dabble in API’s – day in and day out. It’s expected that you have extensive PHP and CMS development experience (WordPress) and good understanding of cloud computing. This role is open to telecommute.
Your Day Includes:
- You will work with WordPress, PHP, AWS (Lambda, SQS, SNS, S3, EC2) to support all Owned Television Stations digital properties
- Develop, deploy and enhance multiple websites with a PHP-based Content Management System
- Create APIs for consumption by other teams and integrate with numerous external APIs
- Act as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a "do what it takes" attitude to ensure product and team success
- Analyze problems and help create innovative solutions involving technology, methodology, tool and solution components
- Ensure product quality and timeliness of work, provide advice and guidance, and resolve problems to meet objectives
- Help develop new and refine existing processes to enhance quality and productivity
Who We’re Looking For:
- You’re open to ideas and doing things differently
- You’re eager to learn new things and share ideas with peers
- Understands coding design patterns
- Proficiency in WordPress, PHP, AWS (Lambda, SQS, SNS, S3, EC2)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (preferred) or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience working with and staying current in the latest advances in web technologies, highly preferred
- Development experience building plugins, themes, templates, custom fields, multisite, multilingual websites, integrations and caching implementations
- Proficiency with at least one Object oriented language like Java, C#, C++, etc.
- Solid understanding of server-side technologies and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
- Proficiency with code profiling, performance tuning, and testing
- Extensive experience with code versioning tools like GitHub
- Experience managing web servers and understanding of DNS, WAF, web proxies etc.
- Proficient understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Working knowledge of CMS, preferably in a news publishing environment
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code solutions
- Experience building scalable software solutions
- Experience building/optimizing RESTful APIs
- Experience with languages like Python, Ruby, SQL etc.
- Capable of planning and writing software that enables cross-vendor integration via SDKs/APIs/etc.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Jobs You May Like
Sr DevOps Engineer, SRC team (Development COE)
NBCUniversal, Englewood Cliffs - New Jersey, Universal City - California,