Video Solutions Architect
NBCUniversal, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect who will help us build for scalable and resilient architectures, extensible services, in a secure, sustainable fashion and inform, educate the broader organization with best practices, standardization on services, while supporting infrastructure & components.
- Partner: with Product, Ops, Eng/Development, Program teams, translate business and operational requirements to lead solution design with new workflows, media component integrations, within required timelines and budgets.
- Innovate: incorporate transformative technologies & workflows with cloud native capability, incl. support for on-prem
- Develop: ability to codify designs, build reference architectures to support workflows & demonstrate value; continually partner with development teams thru implementation
- Edge: debate positions objectively, drive decisions in a timely manner
- Optimize: identify operational pain points and provide solutions to evolve supply chain to support
- Integrate: services & media components leveraged across workflows and incorporate into design, solutions incl. APIs,
- Collaborate: connect the dots between internal teams & any disparate workflows to leverage existing tech and practices, reducing costs and time to market
- Present: ability to present iterative designs, conduct road shows for resulting solution recommendations and architectures; demo POCs with hands on application
- Advance: bring market, internal innovations to center of production, supply chain processes; eg. operationalizing ML models
- Market Focus: study emerging technologies, conduct analysis on build v buy; evaluate vendors, track/drive roadmaps
- Inform: educate/mentor partners with technology overviews and details, drive standardization with best practices for architectures & development practices
• Experience with video technologies & supporting components, transport, transcode, packaging, incl. media file formats, machine vision technology, OTT devices
• Strong experience in media file workflows; including file ingest, fulfillment, delivery, and subclipping in both cloud & on-prem scenarios
• Good experience with documentation of workflows, architectures, service and component level technical details
• Experience building microservice architectures and distributed applications in the cloud
• Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
• Experience in design/building ML models for media recognition
• Working knowledge of standard web technologies (REST api, php, node.js, ruby, python, perl, etc.) and the desire to explore new technologies
• Strong understanding of security best practices
• Experience working with Agile, knowledgeable on or learning for various development / devops methodologies eg chaos engineering
• Availability for advanced troubleshooting and support beyond customary business hours
• Strong written and oral communication skills and effective interpersonal skills fostering collaborative spaces, joint decision making
• Must be effective working in a geographically-distributed team environment
• Exude enthusiasm, passion and energy with media, technology and solutions
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
A monthly box of dog goodies
Jobs You May Like
Mobile Retail Expert
Enjoy, Pittsburgh, PA