NBCUniversal, San Diego, CA
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Owned by NBCUniversal, NBC 7 San Diego / KNSD provides more than 34 hours of local news and programming every week including exclusive news franchises NBC 7 Investigates, NBC 7 Responds and Down to Earth with Dagmar. In addition, NBC 7 is proud to produce local shows Politically Speaking, SportsWrap & SoundDiego. NBC 7 is San Diego’s media leader delivering news and information across the main broadcast, at www.nbc7.com, through multiple OTT platforms and social media. NBC 7 proudly collaborates with many local non-profit organizations to give back to the community we proudly live in and serve. COZI TV, the station’s digital network, offers a full schedule of America’s most beloved and iconic television series, hit movies and original programming.
Owned by NBCUniversal, Telemundo 20 San Diego / KUAN is Telemundo’s local television station serving nearly 1 million Hispanic viewers in the San Diego market. Telemundo 20 San Diego delivers its viewers 12 hours of live, locally produced news every week across all platforms. The station’s newscasts feature local breaking news, exclusive “First Alert” weather forecasts, sports reports, international news and Telemundo 20 which answers inquiries from local consumers who fear they may have been wronged. Telemundo 20 provides coverage across all platforms, including online at Telemundo20.com, via its dedicated station app and through its social media channels.
Your Day Includes:
- Manage and develop a team of IT Analysts to support a 24x7 local news broadcasting operation, manage against a department budget for materials and supplies, maintenance and support, and training and operations costs
- Be the bridge to the larger NBC Corporate IT environment and contribute regularly to compliance reporting, company-wide initiatives and innovation
- Work closely with station management to prioritize and balance business goals with information system requirements and resources.
- Evaluate current systems, specifications and uses for existing business requirement and goals.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, developing timeline, budget, and rollout documentation
- Implementation, support, and evaluation of mission-critical applications & hardware used by Mac and PC environments. Support network users in daily computer software and hardware needs
- Work with vendors to help resolve issues and schedule/manage proper times with vendors for software upgrades that mitigate on-air and user impact
- Develop small software and database solutions for integrating on-air systems
- Support current wireless environment in newsroom, sales and administration with strong ability to troubleshoot wireless networks. Ability to troubleshoot and repair advanced Ethernet and fiber networks and systems including corporate LANs, high-speed routers, file-shares, iPhones, laptops, desktops, etc.
- Exemplify and maintain the awareness for the requirements of a high-availability, broadcast IT and live television production environment with multi-platform release. Fulfilling on immediate Level 1 break-fix response and regular prioritization of requests and incident management
Who We’re Looking For:
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish, preferred
- Strong customer service/communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations with good organizational skills
- 3+ years’ experience in a management role, highly preferred
- 7+ years’ work experience in a technical field, highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and bend/crawl to run cables, as needed
- Solid understanding of project management
- Skills in video and audio production as related to Mac or PC environment and knowledge of internet-based video products
- Demonstrated knowledge of current wireless, cellular, Android and iOS applications and use
- Must be willing to work at the station in San Diego location
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must have ability to work any of a 24x7 shift all days of the week
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Help the world share their story