Technical Product Manager
NBCUniversal, New York, NY
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Product Strategy and Alignment
We are subject-matter-experts in our respective Ad Sales domain. We understand and articulate business priorities and demands, processes and procedures, use cases, goals, and objectives. We understand the technology landscape and ensure products adhere to our operating principles, best practices & standards, and fit into the overall strategic goals of NBCUniversal.
We are effective at delivering solutions that align with business expectations and technology values. We ensure clarity in requirements, solid technology design, and a fluid software development shop.
We plan, manage execution, and communicate. We identify risks and effectively work to mitigate them.
- Partner with multiple Teams within the Ad Sales organization, including Product Engineering, Sales Solutions, PMO, Training, Strategy, and Operations from product ideation to delivery
- Collaborate with Sales Solutions and engineering on product roadmap development
- Lead Inception, IPM, Tech IPM, Stand-up, Retro, Bug Triage, Daily Stand-Ups with a cross-functional team including QA, Engineering, and Functional Leads
- Maintain healthy product backlog
- Ensure well-crafted user stories
- Collaborate with engineers in analysis and design
- Ensure optimal, performant, and fully vetted technical solution and design are in place
- Create and update architecture diagrams
- Define project/product milestones and deliverables
- Track and report project/product status
- Manage and maintain Product 360 on a suite of products
- Ongoing evaluation and documentation of technical product management processes and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Technical Product Manager
- Experience with one or more RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL)
- Experience in technologies such as Java / Spring Boot, Apache Kafka, Microservices, Angular
- Experience with web services and message formats such as xml and json
- Experience in Supporting 24x7 mission critical applications
- Proven ability to set a vision, excite, and lead a cross-functional engineering team
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills
- This role may be virtual/remote to start but will eventually work out of the New York City office at 1221 6th Avenue.
- Creative thinker who thrives on solving challenging problems with analytical thinking skills
- Strong technical abilities to hold your own in debates with technical architects and engineers
- Good understanding of the media marketplace and technology trends
- Experience presenting to executive leadership and handling sensitive customer situations
- Proven ability to deliver on commitments
- Ability to lead and work autonomously
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with media sales, traffic systems
- Knowledge of Pivotal agile process
- MBA is a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Jobs You May Like
Head of Sales, North America
Knotel, Knotel NA