Manager, Production Technology
NBCUniversal, New York, NY
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
The Manager, Production Technology will manage the continuous improvement of people, processes and technology within our organization at the crossroads of technical operations, support and engineering. It will strengthen the relationship between engineering and operations on projects by serving as an advisor for technical strategy and operational workflow initiatives, driving reliability and simplicity into technical services. This position will promote a long -term vision for forward-thinking production methods with an emphasis on continuous improvement, capacity planning, and client goals.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Transform reliability information to foster a culture of continuous improvement of people, processes and technology in partnership with the Production Engineering team.
- Manage short and long-term strategic planning of new production initiatives including performance and capacity planning.
- Study and tests new hardware and software-based broadcast solutions that help our clients increase savings, efficiency and production quality.
- Align with important technical projects to ensure timing and impact.
- Develop proof-of-concepts for new technology and coordinate operational feedback to production engineering team and technology vendors.
- Help avoid integration conflicts and serve as launch coordination.
- Ensures that delivered systems meet the needs in the simplest, operator/customer friendly, and reliable ways.
- Deepen the skills and abilities of the operations team. Creates resources that promote non-stop learning and sharing of information between Ops teams and Engineering support teams.
- Manage directly and indirectly a team of Production Control Specialists, who launch projects and processes, integrating systems, developing training processes, providing front line operational support to technical operators, and advising on reliability solutions.
- BA/BS or minimum five years working experience in a studio production environment
- Minimum of five years of project management experience required
- Must be able to manage cultural change and build strong client relationships
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high pressure, changing, team-oriented environment and possess a “hands on” management style.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to work all hours including weekends and overnights and be available 24/7 if needed.
- Operational knowledge of studio and control room operations areas
- Working knowledge of NBCU Production Processes
- Experience in US Media & Entertainment environment preferred
- Experience in Studios, Control Rooms, Graphics, asset management systems and digital workflows for video and/or still assets
- Exceptional technical, analytical, organization, research, and presentation skills
- Ability to troubleshoot, quickly and methodically
- Ability to lead and present program information in face-to-face presentations to varied audiences; including executive management
- Strong team-building and customer relations skills
- Able to build and present PowerPoint presentations to effectively communicate a message in a short and clear manner
- Must be analytical and process-oriented and able to apply structure to complex problems
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Experience with cable and media industry or integrated systems.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
The best bed for better sleep
Jobs You May Like
Mobile Retail Expert
Enjoy, Salt Lake City, UT
Sr. Manager, Vendor Business Management & Strategy
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States