Freelance Warehouse Technical Support Utility
NBCUniversal, Monroe, CT
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
General duties include providing logistical support services for various areas of the NBC Engineering warehouse operation.
- Communicates with Technical Logistics and Production Services to facilitate deliveries of Engineering equipment and supplies to the Monroe Warehouse Integration area.
- Assists with the preparation of venue equipment for shipping to Host country.
- Assist Venue Engineering Project Managers, with the preparation of equipment shipments to Host Country
- Assist with the preparations of video, audio, fiber and Data cable, to be shipped to the Host Country
- Assists with the testing of small systems in preparation for shipping. This includes Audio boards, Commentary audio systems, intercom systems, microphones and listening systems
- Work with Tech Log to move equipment from the warehouse and bring to the Venue staging area for final integration and testing.
- Assist with the organization of the spare Venue parts inventory
- Participates in the inventory control and management via an inventory tracking management software system (VIS & OEMS) to provide information to Engineering clients.
- Scans equipment in and out of the Systems integration area
- Build equipment lists and pull list from OEMS system
- Assists with the receiving of in-bound shipments, reconciling inventory, categorizing and storing within the NBC facility.
- Other technical and physical tasks required for the installation of a television production system.
- Primary State-side Liaison to Technical Logistics team when main Engineering team is deployed to Host Country
- Utilize Material handling equipment to move boxes, pallets and bulk containers between integration and storage areas.
- PC computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to learn and understand NBC specific software systems
- 1 year of experience with Live audio production systems and equipment.
- Strong time management & organizational skills
- Possess the ability to multi-task and make decisions with multiple alternatives and implement appropriate action
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as good customer service and interpersonal abilities.
- Good interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work well with others under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work long hours and weekends when required.
- Physical ability to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Familiarity with engineering terms and practices is a plus.
- Field Experience with Audio, Video and Computers systems a plus
- Remote television audio, theater audio, and audio board experience a plus
- Working knowledge of broadcast equipment, audio and video cables/connection and production supplies is helpful
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.