Infrastructure Automation Engineer (DevOps)
NBCUniversal, Centennial, CO
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
- Provide direct technical support for the planning, design, and implementation of automation solutions, as well as the range of ancillary products & productivity tools which support the testing and operation of said systems
- Collaborate with Information Technology customers on the identification of opportunities & use-cases for which automation will improve workflow, and support the implementation of solutions for said use-cases
- Work with stakeholder IT groups on the development and evolution of automation standards, strategy & operational support plans, to ensure automation solutions are secure, supportable & compliant with internal standards
- Provide management with clear, concise communications on the configuration, status & roadmap for automation
- Build tooling for internal stake holders to improve self-service and automation.
- Work with operations and development teams to understand pain points and to drive automation priorities
- Work with infrastructure engineers to automate data centre operations
- Develop, implement, measure & report on KPIs for automation solutions
- Develop & implement business continuity plans for automation solutions
- Stay abreast of emerging automation technologies & services within the industry marketplace, engaging with vendors and service providers to assess & test the fitness of new offerings, as appropriate
• Bachelor’s Degree in technology-related field
• Minimum 4 years of experience with automation products & associated coding languages such as ansible & terraform
• Experience working with version control systems (GIT) and CI/CD control systems
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code design and deployment patterns
• 2 years’ experience working with AWS, Azure
• Familiarity with security hardening concepts as it relates to automation and access methodology
• Familiarity with virtualization software (VMware)
• Familiarity interfacing with hardware solutions Compute/Storage
• Experience with networking protocols & concepts
• Experience interfacing with SaaS based applications
• Ability to write technical documentation (platform architecture, strategy, engineering, business continuity etc.)
• Proficient at multitasking and proactive in work responsibilities
• Familiarity with Agile project management philosophy & methods
• Cloud platform and/or automation certifications
• Google Cloud Platform
• Working with containers workloads (Docker/Kubernetes)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
WE PUT MORE POWER IN YOUR HANDS