NBCUniversal, New York - New York, Universal City - California,
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
- Network and OS Security compliance and testing
- Maintain HP Z-Series workstations
- Support and Knowledge of Windows 10
- Maintain Macintosh Desktops and laptops
- Support and Knowledge of OSX
- Maintain Avid Software builds across multiple locations (MC, Interplay, Media Central, Nexis)
- Determine Patching requirements for Avid Software
- Basic Linux support (QNX, CentOS and Red Hat)
- Work in an On-Air production with daily deadlines
- Troubleshoot Hardware vs software issues
- Be willing to pull cable, terminate and move equipment as necessary.
• 3-5 years of experience supporting Avid Media Composer in a Post Production environment.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• This is a NABET represented position. Must be willing to join if not already a member.
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed.
• Avid Media Composer, Interplay, Media Central, Airspeeds and Nexis support, ACSR Preferred, experience in leu of certification is okay
• Practical knowledge with Networking, domains, group policies and AD structures.
• Strong troubleshooting skills for both software and hardware.
• Practical Knowledge of UDP acceleration protocols and troubleshooting.
• Practical experience of network and OS security
• Experience with vendors such as Root6, Telestream, and EVS
• Knowledge of Adobe Products (Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere)
• Understand Networking, Routing and basic troubleshooting of a Network
• Understand Fiber Channel and LTO Archive Systems
• Understand Windows Server OS’s 2008,2012, 2016
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos