DreamWorks Technology - Software Engineer II
NBCUniversal, Glendale, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Work with technical leadership to design, build, and support new and existing capabilities and techniques related to character animation and rigging in a large-scale application
- Closely interact with animators and character riggers to help improve their workflows
- Develop clean, maintainable, and documented solutions
- Develop thorough unit tests to validate solutions
- Collaborate with Pipeline and Microservice teams to ensure data flows in and out of the application correctly and efficiently
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
● Two years’ experience in software development
● Strong C/C++ software development
● Strong understanding of data structures and computer graphics
● Development experience and ability to work closely with end users and engineers
● Attention to detail and strong communication skills
● Experience in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long-term quality.
● Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
● Professional experience in a VFX or animation studio
● Experience in large-scale application development
● User interaction design with a working knowledge of standard UI toolkits
● Experience with writing and debugging multi-threaded code
● Experience with third party rigging and animation tools (such as Maya)
● Overall understanding of the rigging and animation process
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.