OLTP Database Engineer II
NBCUniversal, Orlando, Florida
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Develop, implement and maintain high-performance database systems using Microsoft SQL Server and other open source technologies such as MongoDB, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Ensure systems meet a high standard for quality of service by proactively monitoring and tuning systems
- Planning for future capacity and resource utilization.
- Ensure systems meet a high level of availability as measured by organization SLAs including preparedness for business continuity and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Develop SQL scripts and objects to support application functionality and performance.
- Function as a subject matter expert to other application and database developer groups providing guidance for query optimization, data modeling and data platform architecture.
- Ensure systems meet required standards for PCI and other organization compliance and security guidelines.
• 3+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server
o Always-On, Log Shipping, Transactional Replication, backup and recovery strategy
o Execution Plans, query hints, index tuning, Profiler, Extended Events
o DDL and DML T-SQL development
• Experience with Windows PowerShell
• Experience with administration of high-availability transactional database environments
• Experience with writing SQL scripts and queries to troubleshoot and resolve performance issues
• Experience with monitoring tools in a production environment
o Idera, Redgate, Application Dynamics, Solarwinds, etc.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
GolfNow, a division of Golf Channel is the internet’s largest online tee time reservation service, trusted by more than 1.5 million golfers. Using leading-edge technology, GolfNow provides more ways for golfers to stay connected to their favorite golf courses and tee times through the web, e-mail and mobile applications. As a partner to golf courses, GolfNow provides turnkey solutions to their operations (www.golfnowsolutions.com)
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Brewing up the future, today.