Manager Business and Media Systems Support
NBCUniversal, Miami, Florida
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Telemundo Technology Business and Media Manager provides strategic/tactical leadership and oversight for creating, sustaining, implementing, and driving efficient and effective technical initiatives and processes in support of business objectives. He/she will collaborate with leaders and stakeholders from both the Telemundo Technology and Operations division as well as the functional areas to ensure proper coordination and execution of activities related to the delivery of technology projects. They are responsible for overseeing multiple functional areas, including supporting technology rollouts from initiation to project closure; managing governance around technology processes; supporting issue escalations; and reporting tools across Telemundo Enterprises, Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International and NBCUniversal
- Support the management and deployment of multiple technology initiatives
- Partner with business functions to support project intake, vetting and prioritization within each business area
- Provide consistent and effective operational metrics, scorecards, and reports
- Collaborate with leadership on analysis of in-flight and proposed projects
- Facilitate and support coordination technology efforts that span across Telemundo Technology and Operations groups
- Serve as the point of escalation for technology issues, business requirements, and technology projects for stakeholders or requestors
- Support the development and facilitation of technology training, initiatives and workshops
- Coach and mentor technology teams within the areas of support as needed
- Promote IT framework, governance, and processes improvement, where applicable
- Build, deploy and maintain media and business workflow systems
- Responsible for portfolio, product and project management of key business and technology initiatives
- Responsible for vendor management & product portfolio prioritization of system features
- Work closely with key business stakeholders & peers to understand & document business requirements, strategies and needs
- Cross-functional engagement of internal and external partners to execute on business objectives
- Establish strong business relationships across Telemundo Enterprises
- Responsible for budget management, release management and controllership
- Ensure operational excellence and identify process improvement initiatives
- Effectively engage with the Telemundo community and implement solutions to improve customer experience
•B.S. degree in Information Technology, Audio Engineering, Television Production or related field.
•5+ years of experience within Information Technology
•2+ years of experience with Broadcast/Production systems (desirable)
•2+ years Media/Entertainment Industry experience (desirable)
•2+ years of experience as an IT Project Manager
•Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) – (highly desirable)
•Applications support and technical experience (highly desirable)
•Knowledge of BI and analytics tools
•Experience leading teams and workgroups
•Knowledge of project management and collaboration tools such as JIRA, ServiceNow, Microsoft Project or other related technologies (highly desirable)
-Customer and process oriented
-Results oriented with projects and programs
-Collaborative, team player
-Excellent communication skills… Listening, presenting, facilitating… across functions + levels, both internal + external to NBCU
-Ability to prioritize effectively + manage multiple deliverables
-Proactive, self-motived; pro-actively identifies opportunities for improvement
-Highly responsive in times of system/process failure; addresses issues timely, and brings them to appropriate resolution/closure
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.