Product Manager - Automation and Control
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Own and maintain Automation Methodology helping improve the delivery of services for the NBCU Enterprise Technology teams.
- Engage with multiple clients/business units/internal stakeholders to understand their requirements and oversee the documentation of services into operational procedures and automation.
- Develop and maintain processes to provide end-to-end delivery and support of automated solutions.
- Oversee validation and quality checks of the automated services to ensure requirements are met and conform to business and security requirements.
- Review NBCU toolsets and or scripts that would be used for automation and collaborate with NBCU personnel for approved testing and use.
- Manage and implement automated operational processes to improve reliability and standards in the environment.
- Oversee creation and maintenance of automated documentation as it relates to infrastructure systems, design, configuration, support, and processes.
- Define and maintain product roadmaps and automation strategy balancing internal requirements with client requests/priorities.
- Lead sessions to scope and maintain deliverables and expectations set from stakeholders to ensure timely distribution of product services.
- Provide consistent communication back to clients and stake holders on development of progress and product delivery timelines as well as conduct periodic feature roadmap overviews.
- Hold product demos and walk-throughs for client product teams and internal leadership.
- Take a leadership role in growing clients and teams in support of NBCU workflow and automation offerings.
•Bachelor’s degree in Software Development, IT/IS Management, Engineering or equivalent experience required.
•Minimum 5-year experience in a role demonstrating strong technical, quantitative, and analytical skills.
•Minimum 5-year experience as a Product Owner or Manager as part of an Agile team.
•Expertise in the SDLC process, with a focus on scoping, iteration planning, acceptance criteria writing, and rollout management.
•Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered. (note job#)
•Must be willing submit to a background investigation.
•Must be 18 years or older.
•3-5 years product or related management experience in Infrastructure or IT management, gathering client requirements, writing product and/or technical specifications, working with development teams, and managing product roadmaps as well as launches.
•At least 3 years of direct client engagement experience.
•At least 3 years directly managing or developing workflow, ITSM, or Agile management systems.
•Experience in Infrastructure, or Technology Operations.
•Strong experience with Agile methodology.
•Organized, able to work well with people, plan projects and maintenance initiatives, track and report milestones.
•Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
•An effective and clear communicator (verbally and in writing), able to interact with heavily technical resources as well as with business users.
•Team player with flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
•Able to report out to management in an appropriate and easily assimilated manner.
•Experience writing code for application or infrastructure related processes or services.
•Experience with using Jira or a similar system to track and maintain feature requirements and development progress.
•Experience managing a team preferred.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
See jobs at Bluecore