Ingest Operator I
NBCUniversal, Stamford, Connecticut
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Interfaces with the Operations and Production departments to ensure all their transmission and routing needs are being met
- Perform Transmission Operations functions to ensure incoming feeds are ready for ingest and Air, plus route outgoing feeds.
- Executes Automated simultaneous recordings of up to 100 baseband ingest devices and off air recordings
- A part of a near 24/7 Ingest team
- Controls Manual Stops for Automated recordings
- Executes ad hoc crash recordings on inbound program streams
- Verifies integrity of video/audio recordings
- Confirms and validates ScheduAll metadata on each record
- Coordinates dual record stream between MAM & AVID/EVS
- Reconciles ScheduAll pre-record schedule against actuals
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience with video/audio check in and ingest or related field
- Baseband ingest devices
- Broadcast Operations
- Knowledge of ScheduAll, Ingest Control, and Record Control a plus
- Knowledge of Broadcast workflow preferred
- Must be willing to work overnights and weekends
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must be willing to submit a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A good listener with good client skills, cool under pressure.
- Extremely detail oriented, organized person
- Working knowledge of Cyradis a plus
- Willing to work long hours, weekends and overnight during peak times.
- A fast learner of new workflow and technologies.
- Needs to thrive in an environment where change is expected and embraced
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos