NABET Engineer, NBC News
NBCUniversal, Long Island City, New York
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
• Ability to work in many disciplines of remote broadcasting including but not limited to:
On Air Communications, Video Shading, Audio A1 and/or A2, Engineering (routing and video distribution), Satellite Broadcasting and Communications, Integration and Wiring, Electrical to Optical equipment, and general electronic maintenance.
• Operation and maintenance of portable earth station equipment and/or satellite truck. Comprehensive and demonstrable skills in the operation of DSNG encoders/decoders, HPAs, SSPAs, test and RF monitoring equipment, Inmarsat BGAN, and satellite telephone equipment.
• Ability to design (with CAD or similar drafting software), assemble, operate, and maintain, “travel ready” lightweight and streamlined transmission systems for deployment worldwide.
• Minimum 8 years’ experience setting up remote broadcasts either on a remote television mobile unit or with a large television production company or network. *Experience should include travel outside the continental US.
• Extensive knowledge in the setup and operation of multi-path digital satellite or terrestrial transmissions.
• Fundamental knowledge of a vast collection of broadcast equipment covering all disciplines.
• Must be computer savvy, work with both Mac and PC operating systems, possess skills related to file -based workflows, and a fundamental knowledge of IP routing with emphasis on video and voiceover IP systems.
• Experience with Cisco IP routing and other network engineering tools is preferred.
• Candidate should possess an undergraduate degree in broadcast technology or electrical engineering or radio/TV/film or equivalent related experience.
• Demonstrate knowledge in all aspects of television production with room for future career growth.
• Must be willing to work in Long Island City, NY.
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
• Must have a valid drivers license issued in the US.
• Successful candidate will be required to join the NABET Union if not already a member.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Our cornerstone is knowledge of the home, family, food and lifestyle markets.