Senior Vice President, Solutions Architecture
NBCUniversal, New York, New York
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Define and maintain an overarching technical strategy and ensure that the technology and architectures employed are in accordance with best practice and meet the current and future business needs.
• Ensure that technology is at the forefront of technical innovation where it matters.
• Influence, co-ordinate and support new systems and technology adoption to ensure it is consistent with business and technology strategy.
• Act as subject matter expert on OTT technology solutions and solutions in the market place to meet business needs.
• Identify and engage external and internal expertise to support the definition and delivery of solutions, using own network and research to source appropriate guidance and advice.
• Lead external suppliers to identify and evaluate technology improvements to support business initiatives and drive increased efficiency.
• Conduct research and studies on emerging technologies to support business initiatives and increase cost effectiveness and flexibility.
Commercial and Management
• Ensure that all relevant stakeholders are effectively engaged and managed.
• Provide leadership for the Technology delivery teams, recognizing that not all resources will be directly reporting to managers within the program structure (i.e. matrix management).
• Ensure that the defined solutions deliver the stated business objectives and that the benefits are realized.
• Facilitate proactively the early resolution of technology issues across specific and interrelated programs.
• Ensure that propositions are always focused on meeting the business needs in terms of quality, reliability, availability, performance, security, scalability and cost effectiveness.
• Minimum of 15 years of experience as an Architect building and scaling a sizable high-performance organization, with a track record of driving innovation and business value.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in defining, implementing, leading, and maintaining IT strategy, and architecture frameworks and assets.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing and implementing highly available, web-scale architectures in a senior leadership capacity.
• Experience in defining solutions and architectures for a wide range of functions including: Customer Management, Billing, Supply Chain, Enterprise Resource Planning, end-user productivity, and data center technologies.
• Experience producing technical architectures and roadmaps propositions for a wide range of audiences.
• Experience of Strategic Business Case development and presentation of the same to CxO level.
• Experience in research, analysis and introduction of emerging technologies to solve real-life business problems and take advantage of new opportunities relevant to the business.
• Experience of managing and working on large cross functional programs and projects within a Technology environment.
• Direct experience with OTT IP Content Delivery solutions in Media and/or Telecomms industry domains strongly preferred.
• Significant experience in designing and implementing highly available, web-scale architectures strongly preferred.
• Experience with architectural methodologies and models, such as TOGAF, and operating in an Agile systems development environment, strongly desired.
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills combined with an ability to create original concepts/theories.
• Proven technology and business knowledge, including commercial and financial awareness, and prior experience in evaluating new business opportunities and conducting technical due-diligence of potential acquisitions.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with and respond to the needs of diverse audiences including ability to write clear, concise, comprehensive documents tailored to both technical and business audiences.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field, desired.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price