Software Asset / Publisher Management Specialist
NBCUniversal, Universal City, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Software Asset Manager will be responsible for optimizing NBCU’s utilization of software assets. This includes understanding entitlements based on vendor contract language, monitoring software usage through Software Asset Management tool (Flexera), identifying risks or opportunities to optimize and developing strategies to close those risks / opportunities. As a member of the Software Asset Management & Governance team, you will be expected to help us drive maximum value from our license agreements for Server & End User Computing Software, while delivering a seamless experience for our users. The Software Asset Manager will play a key role supporting vendor management and audit defense including analysis driving strategy, briefing executive stakeholders and developing a plan of action for licenses out of compliance.
If you are someone who forms strong partnerships, brings a transformational mindset, a thirst to always learn more and not afraid to challenge status quo, then this is the position for you.
Manage SW Asset life cycle in Flexera FlexNet and related Product suite:
- Gather, verify & enter purchase information, record entitlements
- Gather, read, interpret Terms & Conditions, review support agreements, create/update Contract details & validate Entitlements
- Link Entitlements to Contracts
- Create /Update SW Licenses
- Process unrecognized, installer & file evidences and normalize appropriately for required applications
- Review Consumption of licenses & make required adjustments based on Use Rights for optimized yet accurate processing
- Provide impact assessments/advisory on potential architectural changes or projects, outlining incremental or reduction of license / maintenance costs due to changes on license use metrics or product use changes
- Validate reasons for unlicensed installations
- Apply exemptions, allocation changes (MSDN, RDS) & validate server role designations
- Validate inventory data for any gaps to ensure license completeness
- Finalize license position
- Monitor & update any or all the above as needed as a part of house keeping on a periodic basis including licensing updates and changes published by vendors
- Identify, report & manage any financial or legal risks (compliance risks - unsupported, unauthorized, unlicensed etc.) & work with the Product Owner to remediate
- Responsible for daily and strategic management and control of the software portfolio in order to optimize the value, cost and risk of software. This includes identifying saving opportunities through software re-harvesting and license optimization and working with Product Owner to execute the same
- Experience setting up & managing Key SaaS Publishers / applications
- Experience with securing inventory from cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, Private etc.) and managing SW titles deployed in Cloud within Flexera platform
- Strong working knowledge & experience in managing Key Publishers with Software deployments both On Prem & On Cloud. Few of our top Publishers include SAP, Microsoft, VMware, Adobe, Oracle, RedHat, IBM, Symantec, Veritas etc.
- Able to make Inventory quality assessments and identify data gaps in the system which are foundational to accurate license positioning
- Good understanding & experience working with data sources such as SCCM, JAMF, AD, ServiceNow, SAP, Publisher Portals (Adobe, Microsoft etc.)
- Review & define processes and business requirements for automation & service improvements
- Identify, define, measure, report & improve KPI’s for in-scope publisher/title(s). Able to create executive Reports / Dashboards & automate the same
- Strong analytical & communication skills to prepare & present periodic accurate internal reporting around complete license position & related analysis for in-scope SW Publishers on a periodic basis
- Manage & execute required processes & reporting for renewals, true-ups, certifications & audits by collaborating with various internal & external stakeholders as needed
- Ability to partner & collaborate with multiple key internal & external stakeholders, including Procurement, Legal, Finance, Sourcing, Vendor Mgmt., IT Asset Mgmt., Product Owners (Software Owners), Architects, Administrators, Engineers, User Groups, Vendors/Resellers, to help collect, organize and obtain critical information required for the management of software assets
- Maintain a strong working relationship with leaders whose departments consume/deploy a large volume of software titles
- Bring to the table some of the industry best practices in Software Governance, associated processes including SW requisition & fulfillment, procurement, asset mgmt., systems automation, and general project management
- Be a strong team player, collaborate effectively with the SAM Technical Platform support & Operations team, to define, document & agree on SAM data requirements across the software lifecycle for automation and software license optimization
- Proven ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines through the effective use of resources and appropriate planning and communication methods and tools
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to shift focus and change prioritization of tasks
- Ability to innovate by introducing new ideas and processes to improve performance and productivity
- Ability to work independently, take initiative & ownership in completing tasks, self-driven and commitment to excellence
Required Technical Skillset:
- Solid experience with SAM technologies & capabilities offered by vendors like Flexera or SNOW
- Knowledge & understanding of what’s & how’s of ServiceNow, SSRS or similar service mgmt. & reporting platforms
- Domain expertise in SW Licensing and SW Asset mgmt.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Help the world share their story