Lead Technical Platform Administrator - Flexera
NBCUniversal, Universal City, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Reporting to the Manager, Vendor Governance, the candidate will be the primary technical administrator for FNMS (FlexNet Mgmt. Suite) & related Applications, Interfaces, Adapters and Beacons for the Flexera platform. This position is part of Software Asset Mgmt. & Governance - Operations team that also has an offshore team and the role will involve onsite – offshore coordination.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership and act as an advisor for the platform support team in the delivery of technology solutions to meet business needs
- Effectively manage the current on-Prem Flexera FNMS (FlexNet) Production and non-production environments and underlying infrastructure in compliance with NBCUniversal standards and best practices
- Lead the implementation and ongoing maintenance of any additional applications or interfaces, for the Flexera platform (SaaS Manager Suite, CMP etc.)
- Manage and maintain the application’s technical configuration and integrations optimally as required with changing business needs
- Create, modify & maintain Inventory and/or Business adapters as per the requirements
- Design and implement technical solutions for Flexera FNMS platform
- Identify, analyze, troubleshoot, test and implement technical fixes/ solutions for product issues, integration issues, data discrepancy and business reporting
- Configure, install, maintain agents (including registry, bat files etc.), plan & execute agent upgrades
- Architect, configure, install, optimize & maintain Beacons ensuring accurate inventory gathering & reporting
- Work with Software Asset Managers and other stakeholders to understand requirements and develop solutions to meet reporting needs
- Test & Implement application patches, hot fixes and version upgrades
- Recommend & manage cloning schedules, data purges/backups, perform timely health checks to ensure effective functioning of the platform
- Plan, lead and execute technical tasks, including necessary testing during platform upgrades
- Lead and execute technical tasks, including necessary planning & testing during underlying infra upgrades (example SQL Server DB upgrade), data center migrations, source system upgrades (example, SCCM upgrade) and Beacon replacements
- Provide input to the SAM IT Roadmap for future technical & development initiatives
- Create, manage customizations to import data, produce reports as needed
- Assign, prioritize and manage technical tasks to the offshore team operations team
- Responsible to monitor, troubleshoot & continuously improve Inventory, Assets & other meta data components (User, Org, Location etc.)
- Ensure all components are optimized, including the Product Use Rights Licenses (PURLs), beacons, data tables etc.
- Ensure the Flexera end-point license usage is optimized and report on it periodically
- Execute configuration / creation of dashboards, reports as needed
- Analyze & define requirements for automation & platform improvements
- Adhere to SDLC & Agile best practices as appropriate to maintain data currency in the appropriate environments, code migrations and requirement traceability
- Effectively communicate & collaborate with various technical teams (Automation, Enterprise Infrastructure operations, Cyber, Network, various Business Units within NBCU) across the Enterprise in performing the above technical duties
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price
Jobs You May Like
Senior Staff Engineer - Search Infrastructure, Knowledge Systems
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States