Chief Technology Officer
NBCUniversal, Glendale, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and communicate technology strategies that support DreamWorks direction, development and future growth.
- Oversee all aspects of the company's technology requirements including operational support, infrastructure maintenance, software development, production pipeline support, post-production, information security and software and hardware purchases.
- Provide technical leadership to all areas of the studio including creative development, post-production, production and operations to identify technologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain safety and security of DreamWorks Animation digital intellectual property.
- Direct research on leading edge technologies and make determinations on the impact to efficiency and creativity as well as feasibility of implementation.
- Partner with production leadership, specifically Visual Effects Supervisors and Department Chairs, to ensure that technology solutions and services support film and television creative and efficiency goals.
- Balance budget responsibility with technology capability to ensure ROI of technology investments
- Maintain close relationships with software and hardware vendors to leverage and influence technology roadmaps and partner alliance activities
- Maintains close alignment with NBCUniversal technology goals that benefit the studio.
• Minimum 15 years’ experience in technology in support of animated content production
• Minimum 10 years management and strategic experience in the field of technology to support animated content production
• Strong understanding of technologies including cloud, high performance computing and computer graphics.
• Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
• Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
• Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
• Strong industry acumen relationships
• Strong writing and presentation skills
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos