Full Stack Developer, Video Software Engineering, Peacock, Direct-to-C
NBCUniversal, Stamford, Connecticut
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The NBCU OTT team is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting the tools for digital media playback, delivery, syndication, and processing; assisting with support of existing proprietary products, third party applications, media server infrastructure; researching and building new tools; and developing standards for our business. As a leader/contributor within of the NBCU OTT Video Engineering team, you will be instrumental in engineering the Video Player Platform as a state-of-the-industry product.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement
- Managing the software development lifecycle
- Directing system testing and validation procedures
- Directing software programming and documentation development
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends
- Creating innovative solutions to meet our company’s technical needs
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members
- Taking lead on projects, as needed
- Conferring with project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience developing production level frontend/backend application
- Expertise in client-side software architecture, and client-server integration
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net
- Expertise in the SDLC process, versioning, code management, and deployment methodologies
- Working knowledge of MVC framework, ability to work with a team to design and communicate framework goals across multiple languages and platforms
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of Micro-Service Architecture
- Expertise in digital video players and digital video engines, especially open source tools
- Experience in Television/Broadcast, Media, or related field
- Experience with interactive media, mobile design & app development
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.