Principal Engineer, Product Development
NBCUniversal, New York, New York
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The NBCU Ad Sales Technology team is responsible for thought leadership and the implementation of data management and application solutions to drive the Ad Sales business. NBCU collects and normalizes data from a variety of sources both internally and externally to generate insights and inform business decisions. As the ways that audiences consume content grow, so does the need to collect and manage data of increasingly greater volumes.
Ad Sales Technology is forming a new platform architecture team that will design and develop a Cloud-hosted Big Data Ecosystem. We are looking for a talented senior engineer to join this team, taking a lead role working directly with our Chief Architect and Engineering leaders.
Your Day Includes:
- Direct Hands-on Project Research, Design and Development of Platform Initiatives
- Managing and Coordination of Platform Projects with our development team
- Articulation and Review of Projects and Planning
- Planning and Roadmapping of Platform Projects
Who We’re Looking For:
- Ability to think dynamically across many different and varying technologies
- Carry an idea from seed all the way to production
- Understanding of Metadata Driven platforms and development
- Strong communication: able to describe complex systems, the needs they satisfy and the technical implementation
- Working knowledge of sustainable, scalable and efficient development practices
- Participate in the overall management of the group’s activities. This will include the planning, scheduling and tracking of both their direct projects but the projects of others within the group.
- 7+ years Experience in a senior engineer role with a track record of delivering architectural visions to production
- Masters Degree or higher in computer science or related engineering discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Knowledgeable in object-based languages and object-based design principles using UML
- Proficiency in Scala, Java and other Big Data based languages
- 5+ Years Full working knowledge of AWS and related cloud technologies
- 7+ Years Full working knowledge of RDBMS systems, S3, Spark and Spark environments
- Self-organizing and possess basic project management skills to help manage and track progress on platform initiatives
What We Offer: New York
- 30 Rockefeller Plaza in NYC. Home to shows like SNL, Jimmy Fallon and Today!
- This location offers a gym, personal training, massage therapist, onsite medical center, chiropractor, salon, Zo Lounge, clubhouse and library, gourmet cafeteria and more!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO
- Universal Park Tickets and companywide discounts
- Active investment in skill-building and growth
- Volunteer Opportunities and many more!
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Help the world share their story