Sr. Director, Software Engineering – Platforms
NBCUniversal, Universal City, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
We value inclusivity in our content and our people, and believe that success is only possible when we represent the world around us. So, are you ready to join our flock?
- Provide strategic direction and technical architectural leadership for NBC Entertainment’s front-end platform teams
- Set priorities and coordinate projects and resources to align with business goals
- Manage the design and delivery of new features for front-end apps
- Assess new technologies and toolsets and align NBC Digital front-end teams with current software best practices and toolsets
- Manage dependencies with other internal teams for release, delivery, and monitoring
- Manage and design system integrations with internal technical groups and vendors
- Ensure corporate security standards are met or exceeded for NBC Digital’s production systems
- Lead the planning and implementation of new systems and integrations into production usage
- 3+ years leading a technical team. Leading multiple teams highly desired
- 7+ years of experience in technical roles
- 2+ years of lead experience developing, deploying, and maintaining consumer facing apps on a Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store
- 2+ years of with video streaming using HLS
- 5+ years of experience developing mobile applications with native development tools
- 5+ years of experience developing integrations with RESTful APIs and microservices
- 2+ years of experience with unit testing, analytics and A/B testing solutions
- Experience designing and implementing software engineering efforts for large scale consumer facing applications including crafting accurate load testing scenarios
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to perform under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to manage critical situations and guide efforts with technical partners and vendors for successful delivery
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Detailed understanding of technical dependencies between backend systems and front-end applications
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Bachelor’s degree preferred
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.