Vice President, Technology Delivery, Business Services
NBCUniversal, New York, New York
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Technology Delivery, and will work in a highly matrixed structure, managing technology teams across NBC and the wider Comcast group. They will work with core business functions, from advertising & data to marketing & editorial, to understand their strategy and priorities, and the implications for technology. A broad understanding of the streaming business and technology functions, as well as the software delivery lifecycle, will be critical for this role.
- Work collaboratively with senior stakeholders from across the business functions to understand their priorities and aspirations, identifying how technology can support these, and shaping the technology roadmap for Peacock accordingly.
- Take accountability for the delivery of the end-to-end technology solutions, ensuring all features, big and small, have the appropriate level of governance and planning in place. Dependencies and touchpoints both within technology and business teams are clearly articulated and tracked – avoiding surprises.
- Establish senior level governance across technology & each business team as appropriate, to manage competing priorities, incorporate new asks and capabilities, and ensure ongoing alignment between the business and technology teams at Peacock.
- Work with engineering teams across the organization, and the Technology PMO, to ensure that the committed roadmap and pipeline are well articulated, understood and managed against available capacity.
- In addition to maintaining medium and long-term plans, ensure the right forums are in place to support tactical “on the ground” decision making, keeping control of the day-to-day.
- Lead a team of project and programme delivery experts, focused on the day-to-day running of the end-to-end projects and programmes within the portfolio. Coach and mentor the team to ensure a consistently high performance across the portfolio.
- As part of the Technology Delivery leadership team, strive for continuous improvement in our processes and procedures – propose and implement changes to ensure a productive and efficient organisation, in partnership with the wider team.
- Partner closely with the VP of Technology Delivery, Product to ensure that business initiatives that impact on the product experience are managed in a consistent and coherent manner, handling any contention that may arise.
- Ensure that the architecture and analyst teams are appropriately involved in the initiation and shaping of programmes, co-ordinating input from the business teams to drive the solution definition.
- Work with resource managers and department heads as required to ensure appropriate resources and capacity are available, helping manage view of supply & demand, and raising risks early for contention.
- Ensure regular reporting of status across all programmes and projects, establishing the right controls within the team to ensure accurate status, pro-active risk management and robust plans.
- Ensure quality is considered throughout delivery, working with QA and trials teams to ensure outputs are thoroughly tested and proven before deployment to customers and handed over to support.
- Ensure effective communication both within and external to the delivery team, and that the team are clear on goals and objectives. Act as first point of escalation, providing assistance and guidance throughout delivery.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in a program or project delivery role, including 5+ years delivering complex, multi-work stream programs.
• Experience in agile software delivery, including in-depth knowledge of the full software delivery lifecycle, from initial idea through deployment.
• Strong track record of software delivery within the OTT sector, with demonstrable experience working with streaming apps a considerable plus. Good understanding of the global media landscape, and technology’s influence in this.
• Educated to Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent, background in technology or engineering a significant plus; relevant project or program management qualification.
• A good understanding of the roles of different business functions and their interactions within a media organization. Able to articulate how technology supports data, editorial, marketing & advertising teams, and the opportunities and challenges these present.
• Expertise in establishing appropriate governance across complex programs and portfolios, ensuring timely decision making and communications.
• Track record building and maintaining stakeholder relationships across divisions.
• Capability to take initial ideas, concepts and strategy and shape into tangible and deliverable items. Foundational understanding of technology concepts to be able to intelligently with SMEs to help drive initiating of strategic initiatives.
• Excellent written and verbal communications, ability to tailor to all levels of an organization. Ability to explain the how and the why, not just the what and when.
• Proven ability to lead and motivate team members across disparate global teams.
• Pro-active approach to delivery, identifying and neutralizing threats to success; positive approach to addressing conflict.
• Natural team leader, able to delegate effectively, empowering individuals whilst maintaining appropriate controls and monitoring.
• Calm under pressure, able to make quick and rational decisions and maintain the focus of the team.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.