Director, On-Air Operations
NBCUniversal, Centennial, Colorado
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
NBCUniversal is seeking a Director of On-Air Operations to join a driven and highly motivated team located in Centennial, Colorado within NBCUniversal’s Technical Operations.
The Director of On-Air Operations will be responsible for providing leadership for a team of Managers, Operation Managers, Operations Supervisors, and Master Control Operators responsible for executing, promoting and maintaining the on-air reliability for the NBC Broadcast Network, Telemundo Broadcast Network, and the NBC Owned Television Stations, including 11 NBC and 21 Telemundo Stations. This position will also be responsible for leadership of the Disaster Recovery operation for NBCUniversal’s linear Cable channels, including origination, playout, and uplink of 25+ channels.
Ensure 99.999% On-Air reliability for all NBC and Telemundo Broadcast Networks and Owned Stations and maintain high availability/operational readiness of all Disaster Recovery channels.
Lead and support Network and Hub managers and operations teams to execute all on-air technology, systems and operational workflows.
Partner with the NY Network Operations team to ensure flawless execution of all Network shows and contingencies.
Interface with NBC News, NBC Sports, NBC Entertainment and Telemundo leadership teams to execute business, programming, and production priorities through to successful on-air execution.
Partner with leadership across NBCU Ad Sales to ensure execution of all commercial spots and reconciliation for revenue recognition.
Liaise with the leadership of the Owned TV Stations, Stations’ VP’s and Directors of Technology to integrate new projects and station launches.
Oversee all project management of new projects while partnering and aligning with NBCUniversal Engineering.
Partner with NBCU Enterprise Product team to develop Long Range plan for systems, applications, and products supporting On-Air distribution
Manage Operating Budget across the On-Air teams.
Direct and maintain 3rd party contracts and relationships supporting the distribution to all NBC and Telemundo stations.
Manage all On-Air escalation and troubleshooting engagements.
Lead and participate in key initiatives supporting new technology, strategic planning and growth.
• BA/BS in a related field
• 6 years of experience managing a 24/7 Technical Operation
• 8+ years of experience in a leadership role in a fast-paced environment requiring troubleshooting and processing skills and exhibiting an ability to effectively lead, prioritize and adapt to changing scenarios
• Project management experience. The ideal candidate has experience managing scope, schedule, and resources for projects and can effectively lead project teams
• A track record of meeting or exceeding performance expectations
• Experience motivating and influencing teams accomplish a common goal
• Proven track record for driving organization transformation
• A proven leader known to challenge the status quo, introduce new and better ways of delivering results, and capable of leading through change
• Thorough understanding of television production, broadcast operations, and news/sports/entertainment technical production requirements
• Experience managing people, preferably within a 24/7 operation
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Centennial, CO
• Must be willing and have open availability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, to meet the 24/7 operational needs
• Previous experience in a master control environment and/or leading live events preferred
• Knowledge of Cable and Television Broadcast Distribution
• Acute attention to detail
• Good interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work well in groups or teams
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits including: medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Colorado applicants only, wage range: $130,000-$145,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.