DreamWorks Technology - Sr. Software Engineer, Core Production Service
NBCUniversal, Glendale, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Working with tech leadership to design, build and support microservices and libraries that manage the storage, retrieval, and indexing of asset files and related metadata
- Work with development teams on API service design, service workflows, documentation, and testing
- Interface with operational staff to coordinate deployments, setup monitoring tools, manage server configuration, and debug live issues
- Assist clients on migration plans to adopt to the new services & tools
- Write developer documentation for REST api consumers
● Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent technical work experience
● 5+ years of Java development experience using Java 8 OR 3+ years of Production Pipeline development experience
● Thorough understanding of microservice-based technologies (REST, JSON)
● Thorough understanding of service oriented architecture concepts
● Experience with highly scalable and redundant service architectures
● Ability to research and adapt new technologies quickly in a very dynamic work environment
● Proficient with Java technologies (Maven, Eclipse/NetBeans/IntelliJ, Spring, Spring Boot, JPA/Hibernate)
● Relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
● Graph databases (Neo4J, DSE Graph)
● NoSQL technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase, Redis)
● Microservice container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
● Messaging technologies (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka)
● Testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, ReadyAPI)
● Experience with Python and Requests a plus
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price