Remote Technical Manager
NBCUniversal, Stamford, Connecticut
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Remote Technical Manager is the primary technical operations representative on-site during assigned NBC Sports remote broadcasts. They are responsible for end-to-end execution and delivery of the established production plan.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Serve as primary on-site point of contact for Director, Remote Technical Operations and NBC staff.
Work closely with Production teams in planning processes of remote broadcast.
- Assist in financial planning and budget tracking
- Attend site surveys when necessary
- Arrange technical planning meetings
- Publish pre-event tech book.
- Liaise with NBC staff and facilities vendors to procure all necessary equipment.
- Publish post-event tech report and follow up issues to resolution.
Oversee remote broadcast compound:
- Truck layouts
- Cable plans
- Power systems
- Integrate remote facilities with Stamford facility when necessary
Manage large crews (often ≤100 people) of NBC technicians and facilities vendors. Which includes:
- Maintaining on-site crew schedule
- Managing crew payroll.
Maintain technical and broadcast quality
- Ensure quality of transmission lines from remote compound through final TX demarcation.
- Resolve on-air issues in real time
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Technical Manger or Broadcast Engineer
- Knowledge of MS Office suite, Adobe suite, AutoCad.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to travel (domestic & international) and work nights and weekends
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Must be proactive and able to solve problems under pressure
- Must be a good communicator
- Must be organized and thorough
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.