Manager, Project Engineering
NBCUniversal, Centennial, Colorado
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBCUniversal’s Engineering team within the Operations & Technology organization has an opening for an experienced media technology leader as the Manager of Distribution Project Engineering. Reporting to the Director of Distribution Project Engineering, this position is responsible for leading the Distribution Project Engineering teams based in Centennial, CO. The Manager of Distribution Project Engineering is a core leadership position foundational to our Dry Creek facility who will work with engineering and operations partners to deliver on high profile projects, pare down technical debt and support our highly available 24x7 technical environments.
- Manage a team of project and software engineers that are responsible for engineering our on-air distribution systems across the Distribution Engineering footprint with specific responsibility at our CO facility.
- Identify and implement opportunities to automate the deployment of media processing/distribution infrastructure using configuration management tools and automation platforms (ie: Ansible)
- Responsible for delivering on all project commitments and managing the reduction of technical debt in a fast paced 24/7 environment
- Support process improvements and tracking/targeting of system defects to maintain and improve reliability and stability of operations
- Oversee project initiatives to include, capital planning, reporting on engineering progress and execution of primary project initiatives
- Work closely with other internal engineering teams to ensure successful project launches and handoff to the on-air engineering teams.
- Work closely with on-site and remote technology vendors on issues and solutions.
- Recruit, manage and develop technology staff as required
- Work closely with other technology and technical teams to develop understanding of production strategies and processes
•Strong understanding of video workflows.
•Experience with Broadcast Engineering in a 24x7 environment
•3 + years technical leadership experience preferred.
•Proven ability to manage multiple, urgent priorities simultaneously
•Knowledge of master control technologies, workflows and satellite uplink systems
•Ability to project manage an engineering team, capable of managing many competing projects and priorities simultaneously
•Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or related field
•Strong understanding of video servers, IP based infrastructures and software automation systems
•Strong understanding of video, audio and ancillary data protocols and technologies
•Strong understanding of network infrastructure, topologies and protocols including IP Video technologies
•Experience with public cloud, specifically AWS platforms.
•Experience with networking and cloud-based network environments
•Experience with CI/CD build and deployment practices
•Proven ability to analyze complex system problems and drive corrective actions in stressful situations
•Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
•Demonstrated ability to analyze, compile and deliver regular clear, concise reports detailing system performance and reliability
Additional Job Requirements
•Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Centennial, CO
• Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program (internal only)
• CCNA or MCSE preferred
• Strong organizational skills
• Proficiency with AUTOCAD, MS Office Suite, Windows, Linux, Mac OS
• Development or demonstrable software troubleshooting experience
• Proven leadership experience within a dynamic, multi-channel transmission facility
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits including: medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary Range: $120,000-$135,000.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Brewing up the future, today.