Director of Production Technology
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Location: Flexible, reporting to OTS HQ team
Must be able to work flexible hours, responding to outage situations as needed
- Work with client teams, promoting a strong VOC, to define requirements and deliver repeatable solutions that creatively solve business challenges, add measurable value, and ensure strategic alignment.
- Lead ongoing technical deployment, refresh and consolidation efforts, as well as other long-term, complex technical programs across the division
- Evaluate & evangelize opportunities for business appropriate IP and cloud-based production workflow solutions.
- Test new technology by leading formalized POC initiatives and make recommendations for inclusion in strategic plan.
- Define & promote operational standards
- Participate in the development, alignment and management of divisional capital budgets.
- Partner w/ other Media Technology teams, PMO, project managers, and other departments to help define project requirements and priorities, provide input on project timelines; project budgeting; contribute to LRP planning
- Partner with our various local engineering, operations, and enterprise teams to provide escalation support for deployed infrastructure as needed, liaising with vendors, and serving as the primary subject matter expert supporting our portfolio of live production technologies.
- Participate in the coaching and development of expertise across the local technical teams.
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field.
- 10+ years’ experience in the media & entertainment technology sector
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to travel and work outside standard hours, and on weekends with short notice
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Experience supporting major market or network News / Sports operations
- Deep Expertise with live production systems including graphics, video switching, audio systems, production automation, video networks / routers.
- Experience in IP standards and transport protocols for media production (ST-2110, 2022-6, NDI, SRT, RTMP, HLS etc.)
- Experience architecting & deploying cloud workflows, including configuration management tools and automation platforms (e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Ansible).
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture concepts and their application
- Understanding of internet architectures, including LAMP, cloud compute & storage
- Experience applying product management fundamentals
- Experience in business analysis / requirements definition and risk management
- Experience executing large complex initiatives in a large matrixed environment with the ability to establish trust with stakeholders.
- Experience in assessing project health, removing organizational roadblocks and making room for failure in order to ensure project success.
- Collaborative self-starter that demonstrates initiative and the desire for continuous improvement.
- Flexibility and ability to pivot from one initiative to the next, while managing multiple concurrent projects from very small to very large.
- Highly customer focused with the ability to directly engage with stakeholders across all levels, set agendas, define goals and drive the conversation to achieve success.
- Passion for learning new technologies and applying them to business challenges.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to visualize and communicate both high level concepts and ideas, as well as tactical details for executives, business stakeholders and technology teams across all levels.
As a Bonus
- AWS Certified
- Experience with Agile
- Experience with DevOps principals and IaaC
- An “automate-first and automate everything” approach to scaling technology solutions
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.