Director/Sr Director of Enterprise Security Services
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Oversee creation and delivery of security products – operational services and solutions along with documentation, guides, and tools – that help the Cyber Security team meet the security demand of NBCUniversal.
- Manage a team of product-oriented security engineers and architects, each delivering a portion of the overall security product portfolio.
- Communicate the vision and value of what we’re offering. Help grow adoption and increase support for enterprise security.
- Establish and oversee standards and practices to create alignment with your team and partners. Fit the right amount of process to the team so everybody can do their best work and avoid confusion.
- Collaborate with Security Architects and other security teams to identify areas of need and opportunity.
- Consult on complex enterprise-wide security assessments and engagements to help engineers see the big picture and incorporate enterprise technology direction into security roadmaps.
- Partner with the Security Engineering team to manage the backlog of work required to build and support our products.
- Establish and monitor qualitative and quantitative performance indicators to ensure that high-level objectives for security and reliability are being met.
- Serve as an escalation point-of-contact in security and technology incidents, helping guide response and ensure we deliver key goals responsibly.
- Recruit, mentor, coach, train, develop, and support security talent at all levels.
•Security leadership experience. Comfort managing work, process, and people in a risk-focused team.
•Strong written and spoken communication. An ability to discuss the what and why of complex technical concepts at various levels.
•Threat-focused security experience. An understanding of how threats operate, and how we can build the best possible defenses.
•Enterprise perspective. Insight to adapt security approaches that meet technical scale and diverse organizational processes
•A willingness and desire to dig into the technical details – the flexibility to know when to look at strategic plans and high-level views, and when to talk about architectures and tools.
•Solid IT engineering experience and breadth – exposure to software engineering, IT systems administration, enterprise tooling, networking, automation, *nix systems, Windows, cloud (AWS preferred), etc.
•Comfort building/developing your demos and proofs-of-concept to demonstrate value and build momentum for an idea.
•Product management experience in an agile world. Comfort finding the right fit for your customers and building iteratively to deliver maximal value quickly.
•Experience with varied security controls and regulatory frameworks (PCI-DSS, NIST, SOX, GDPR, CCPA, etc.) and ability to create an environment where compliance flows from security.
•Knowledge or experience in the media and entertainments space, and awareness of the technical landscape involved in content creation and delivery.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.